Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shed Hunting

Old 04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shed Hunting

Well it has been a tough year for me, I have fond 2 dead bucks and that is it. The first buck had shed his antlers already. I normally get out more, but with the kids and all the sports they are doing seems I have less time.

Easter Dinner was at the farm today, Dad cooked the best ham I have EVER ate. I went out early to get 1 more time out shed hunting, and l pulled it of likea true champ and fond one. I even scored it!!!

11 5/8 yep he was a monster!!! He was lucky to make it through the year with Uncle Trigger in the area. I know you're all pump to see this giant mass of bone

Old 04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shed Hunting

hey if you can spot that then you know you havent walked by a monter one???but yah im part beagle i also find all the dead ones!! Rember Just keep walking!! goodluck!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Massive, but hey, I've only ever found 2 myself and that was while turkey hunting. While setting a blind in KS we found a shed, of course they kept it.

When's your season start? My friend from the Kansas hunt (tkycaller) is coming to Michigan the first week of May....I'm headed to Jeff's in 2 weeks then back for PA's season.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

April 23rd!!

I am buying Pretty boy and girl this weekend!!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Germ

Congrats on the shed. We did a little better today with 5 shedsbut put on a lot of miles to do it...

Gonna have to keep an eye out for this one this summer!! 140 class buck last year. Should be a little bigger this year.

Tim
Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tim, do you have to have Tyler reach down and pick them up for you so the ole back don't kink up??
Old 04-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

hope ya liek theses ones!!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Tim, do you have to have Tyler reach down and pick them up for you so the ole back don't kink up??
Yep and he makes a mighty fine packmule too !!

Tim
Old 04-09-2007, 03:10 AM

good eye
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats germ..thats 1 more shed than i ever found. figure with all the time im in the woods hunting and fishing and scouting id trip on one by now...nope...i even went out JUST to look for sheds for a couple years staight wearing soles off my boots..figured someone that knew me would atleast put a couple in the woods i was going to look in to make me feel good or something...

i found a park closed to hunting(though it get hunted pretty dang hard) that i wanted to go check out for sheds..i never made it though..figured if anywhere had alot of buck that place has to. since its closed to hunting and all

Quick Reply: Shed Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.