Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Matrixs or Asat blind >

Matrixs or Asat blind

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matrixs or Asat blind

Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Matrixs or Asat blind

ok so i'm looking for a blind to bowhunt deer and turkeys with. i like the matrixs because you can adjust the windows and its 360 shooting put a little price for a summer worker, but the asat blind is cheaper and very nice. i bought a cabelas full draw 2x last summer the windows were to low for me to shoot out of sitting down and when i draw i would hit the back of the blinds. what would be your pick if you were me and no tree stands
thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Matrixs or Asat blind

I don't know what your budget is....but it "appears" from your post that it "might" be a factor.

I'm a Matrix owner.....but that's not to say I wouldn't have bought the competitor if it had been available.

It's easy for me to say the DB is the best choice.......because I already own one....have been happy with it.....and it DOES have the 360deg. shooting capability. If I were on a tight budget, though.......I'd probably go with the ASAT.

Money NO object......Matrix.
Money IS an object.....ASAT.

I honestly don't think you can go "wrong", either way.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the Matrix simply because of the 360 degree shooting/viewing. I do a lot of videoing and the windows just dont work very good for that.

Like GMMAT said, if your ona budget, i think the other on would work just as good for hunting!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no question that I'd go with the double bull... actually I did, last week. Save a little more money and get a matrix.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

I own both and I like both of them equally well. As of now, one is not better than the other IMO. Time will tell once I put them all through the paces with a lengthy turkey season in IA and MO this year.The ASAT's carrying system is hands down better than the Matrix. I have never shot through either of the nettings on any of my blinds, but the wadded up Matrix's netting has me a little more concerned about arrow accuracy than a nice tight window like the DB BS5 has or the ASAT.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Personnaly PAbowhunter i would go with an Ameristep G30 hub blind i just got mine and it was a really nice blind it is big enough for me and a buddy to shoot our bows at the same time and it has a good feild of veiw
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I own both and I like both of them equally well. As of now, one is not better than the other IMO. Time will tell once I put them all through the paces with a lengthy turkey season in IA and MO this year.The ASAT's carrying system is hands down better than the Matrix. I have never shot through either of the nettings on any of my blinds, but the wadded up Matrix's netting has me a little more concerned about arrow accuracy than a nice tight window like the DB BS5 has or the ASAT.
HC, I assure you that shooting through the bunched up mesh won't affect you at all. I gave it w whirl the other night when I got my new Matrix. I also used the bag that my old Eastman blind came in... it has backpack straps.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

The Matrix is the best blind on the market, also the most expensive. If you don't mind an alternative to the ASAT, check out the Ameristep Penthouse. It's half the price of a Matrix and at 90" tall you should be able to stand and shoot out of it without problems.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Spike

Look at the Rivers Edge Blinds. Bigger and less expensive. I have 3 on order for the shop. I also sell the DB's.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:55 PM

or look at the ameristep imtimidaot blida and if you want it tall theres a dominator blind also by ameristep

Quick Reply: Matrixs or Asat blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.