Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Target question

Old 12-11-2002, 05:25 AM

Default Target question

Here in Maryland we have had some snow in the last couple of weeks and my 3d target has been out in the weather. I got my bow out yesterday just because it has been a couple of weeks since I shot and I wanted to keep up with it so when the gun guys get out of the woods I can get back in.
My problem is the arrows were blasting holes in the vitals. Nothing that wouldn't close up on a warm day, but they just didn't seem to close. My question is what would you use to shot at in cold weather (beside real deer)? I don't have the storage space to bring the deer in, so it has to be something that can be left out in the weather.
hill
Old 12-11-2002, 06:43 AM

Default RE: Target question

I use old square straw bales. You can get them from farmers for about $2 0r $3 apiece. Then I use a cardboard cutout of a deer. I get those from my local pro shop for $3.99. The nice thing is after you're done with the straw bales, you can use them to mulch out your strawberries or trees or flowers for the winter. Works real good for me.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.