Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 blind comparisons >

blind comparisons

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blind comparisons

Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 AM

Default blind comparisons

The first blindI ever hunted out of was a friend of mines Double Bull BS5 and I shot a 250# bear out of it at 12 yrds and I thought the blind was great (and it was) The BS5 has been discontinues to make way for the Matrix which is the one I purchased. Although the surround opening has some advantages ,I still liked the BS5 better. I noticed that Cabala's came out with thier own line of blinds called the Full Draw 5and it was designed allot like the BS5 so I purchased it. The die cut 3D covering was really goodwith greatlight diffusion and was plenty roomy although not as big as the DB. Also , the material is not as strong but is plenty strong enough,and the components are not as good as the DB's. That being said , it is 1/2 the price as well as lighter and I find myself using it far more than the DB because I like the window configuration better and the 3D camo. Here are a few pics for comparison. Don't get me wrong , not bashing the DB's , they are an awsome product without a doubt , just wanted to show a comparison with another similair product.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: blind comparisons

If your looking for an opinion between the two ,then here's mine.
The one from Cabela's looks shiny even more in the sunlight compaired to the Double Bull.
The Double Bull seems to fade and blend in more in the sun , thats my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I believe the db is glareing in the sun just as much and with all those leaves on the ground the cabelas blends in more and in the grass field it blends in just as well or better than the db. For being way less exspensive and quality being good I would say that i would prefer the cabelas.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 PM

I honestly don't think there is any comparison between the two. The cam on the Matrix is far superior to that of the Cabela's blind. Up close the Cabela's blind has enough glare to blind anyone who happens upon it. From a distance it blobs just like Realtree and MOBO camo regardless of the 3D cutouts.

I guess I'd have to see the Cabela's blind in person to really make a judgement.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

I believe the one with the leaves is the better one.
I have had some deer spot me in one that had a dome. I believe it is because of the glare.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Having used both ,I can say that there are advantages and disadvantages to each ( what a bold statement LOL) . The 3D camo on the Cabelas can be filled with all kinds of local vegitation if desired and stuffed anywhere on the blind where as the DB has afew strings on each side and is difficult for vegitaion to hold. I have filled the Cabela's withdead grass to resemble a haybale and it looked cool ( will get a photo of that next time) The Cabelas is noisier if you glide against it with something and because is is slightly smaller , you lose some draw length when pulling back but I counter that by sitting in one corner and shoot out the other corner ( I do this in either blind though) . The Cabela's window system is very good but not as nice as DB - no way. It had a loop & hook window system which is quiet like the DB but the fabric is noisier. The inside is black in both for obvious reasons.

All that being said , I know how good DB customer service is and thier replacement promise and I know how good Cabela's is. I gave my friend the option of picking what blind he wanted to take to Colorado for MD & Elk and he choose the Cabela's. He set it up in a field and staked it down so-so ..... then the winds came and the blind was gone from it's spot ..... he found it on a barbed wire fence 500 yards away and a few of the poles were broke soI sent him the receipt and he sent it to Cabela's. Will report what they do with it. I hope I get it back before turkey season.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see what you guys are saying about the glare but I think that really depends on what angle you look at them from. In my opinion in the second picture the Cabelas exhibits less glare and seems to blend in better to the surroundings. In the third picture the Cabelas seems to have more glare on top but the Double Bull seems to display it more on the side.

Tough call but as mentioned above I would have to see both in person to make a final judgement. I guess that is saying alot though considering the price comparison.