Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 peep sight vs. hind sight?? >

peep sight vs. hind sight??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

peep sight vs. hind sight??

Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Default peep sight vs. hind sight??

What are your opinions on hind sights vs. peep sight. It seems like the hind sight would be much easier and more accurate but it also seems like you lose some of your field of vision and I need some help on choosing one. Whice one do you hunt with/perfer?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:40 AM

Default RE: peep sight vs. hind sight??

you are right the peep sight takes a way sof of your sight but it can boost your acc
i can shoot with out a peep sight
doo what you are more comfortabel with
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

steve you know i use a peep and i think they work better
Old 01-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I started to not put a peep or a kisser button on my new bow when I got it. I was talked into a peep, only, by my bow shop owner (still delete the kisser button). I went with a larger peep.....and it was like a total new beginning. My old peep was VERY small. My new peep (G5) perfectly aligns with the outer ring of my sight......and I feel like I've been liberated! It's just MUCH easier to get on target than it used to be.

I may try without a peep in the future.....but, honestly, I wouldn't know why, now.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

the hind site is a much shorter sight plane between the two aiming points, front and back site. There is NO WAY it can be anywhere nearly as accurate as a regular peep. To think of the hindsite. Would you take your front site on a rifle and move it back to 5 or 6 inches from the rear. Exactly, it's a gimmick. Get a bigger peep, ream out the old one or don't use one at all would be better than a hindsite.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Site Buck Guru

Hindsight is always 20/20!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Hindsight is always 20/20!
Well that's just perfect.(You're on a roll lately buddy)
Old 01-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

David:

That is a WONDERFUL analogy (rifle sight). Thanks!

Rob/PA used the same one in helping me determine the sight I now utilize. It has an extension bar that gets it "out there" a little closer to the target (furthering the distance between the peep and the sight pin).

That's useful stuff right there, guys.....by two knowledgeable men. I appreciate it.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess to make it equal to the hindsite though you'd move the rear sight of your rifle up to the front.[&:]
Old 01-03-2007, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

the hind site is a much shorter sight plane between the two aiming points, front and back site. There is NO WAY it can be anywhere nearly as accurate as a regular peep. To think of the hindsite. Would you take your front site on a rifle and move it back to 5 or 6 inches from the rear. Exactly, it's a gimmick. Get a bigger peep, ream out the old one or don't use one at all would be better than a hindsite.
The problem with most peeps though, is people ream them out to big and when you have a 1/4 inch hole inches from your face, you're really not that accurate at all. I don't know the math at all for that, but i'm sure someone could tell you :P

Shoot whatever you feel comfortable shooting. And if you can hit a good group, why change.

Quick Reply: peep sight vs. hind sight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.