Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Saber

Old 11-24-2002, 09:58 AM

Default Buck Saber

Anyone use a Buck Saber for a first bow, and if so, did you like it?

Pro's and Con's?

Greg
Old 11-24-2002, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-24-2002, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Buck Saber

Thanks for the info. I bought one for my son. I am thinking about getting a PSE Nova for my self. I am new to Archery/bowhunting, how do you like Matthews? Are they good?
Old 11-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck bows are a product purposely made for the new archery or the archery not wantiing to invest alot of $ into a compound. They are an excellent bow to get started on, and I'm buying my son a Buck bow for christmas. Buck bows are made by the Champion bow company which are very popular in Canada, and becoming more so in the US. I bought a new Champion bow this past spring, and its the best bow I've ever owned to date. I shot it side by side to a Mathews, and I found very little difference. I also compared it to many other brands while making my new bow search. You won't be disappointed with a Buck or Champion bow. Good Luck!
Old 11-24-2002, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck I was going to sell my High Country Bow and get a Buck. Just less on it to break, and I don't need a $500.00 bow to kill a deer anyway. My proshop quit selling them though because it is to hard to order them from canada or something like that. I also am thinking of buying a PSE nova, the team fitzgerald package to be exact. My HC four runner is just a little unforgiving to shoot. Both the buck and pse will make an awsome hunting bow.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 11-24-2002, 09:36 PM

Don't have any experience in the Buck-Champion bows, but I did handle a PSE Team Fitzgerald at a pro shop and really liked the way it felt to me. If I don't buy a new Hoyt this year, I'll buy the Team Fitzgerald.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:29 AM

I've used the Saber for the past few years and couldn't be happier with it. You won't find a better deal for the money, and it'll outshoot a lot more expensive bows if you do your part.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 11-25-2002, 09:21 AM

I bought one last year after reading an article in outdoor life I believe on them.

They rated them as one of the best inexpensive bows on the market. I think they summed it up well when they said if you want an inexpensive bow that will shoot with the expensive bows this is the one for you.

It is not a pretty bow but is very accurate. Mine is set up with a muzzy zero effect rest, black gold site, and shooting beaman arrows (I can't remember the size), 100 grain muzzy 3 blades.

Shoots well enough to strip the fletchings off arrows at 30 yards or under. Out shoots me all the time.

This is my primary bow and I would not be scared to take it anywhere to hunt with. I have thought about a mathews or hoyt but can't make myself spend the money until I find a reason this bow won't do it anymore.

" Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Dad"
Old 11-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

My son and 2 of my friends sons use a buck saber and love them, my friend and i both use the champion attack one bows, weve owned ours for about 4 yrs now and ill tell you they still shoot with the best bows out there, i would not hesitate at all to buy another champion bow....they are a really good bow and they dont cost an arm and a leg...
good luck choosing..

Hunting with a bow brings about a different challenge on every hunt!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my buck saber for a little over a year now. I like it alot. I am pretty accurate with it. In the summer the rubber grip can stick to your hand though. It is very accurate i have shot 6 chipmunks with it