Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer skull cap mounts >

Deer skull cap mounts

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer skull cap mounts

Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Deer skull cap mounts

Thus far neither my dad or I have shot anything big enough to send to the taxidermy man. However, we do have about 12 sets of antlers. What I am trying to do is find a way to mount the skull caps in a way that look nice and won't break the bank. If any of you have some ideas please let me know. Also, post some pics if you could to give me an idea. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer skull cap mounts

I like to simply boil everything off the head. The bare skull with antlers looks really cool, to me that is. I think it looks a lot cooler than the velvet covered wall plaque thingy.

Or you could make a windchime,gun rack, gun rest on a stand, heck, becreative!

I've never had one turned into a wall hanger, and don't think I ever will. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't really find them appealing, plus being the sole provider for a wife and our four children, spending money on that sort of thing would make me feel guilty.

With four college educations, two weddings and two honeymoons to pay for, and hopefully one day still retire, I don't see any wall hangers in my future...