Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Over heating on the way in to the woods... >

Over heating on the way in to the woods...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Over heating on the way in to the woods...

Old 11-25-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Over heating on the way in to the woods...

Hi Everyone. I have a big problem. Every time I go hunting I end up sweating in excess. Take today it is 30 outside and I wore light weight summer clothing but still sweated like crazy. Now it was hunting for small game so it was no big deal but still how can I help control this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Gene
Old 11-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Over heating on the way in to the woods...

wear less clothes while exerting yourself
Old 11-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Slow down grasshopper.... it's not a foot race. Maybe you need to get in shape a little more.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:17 AM

I was wearing LIGHT WEIGHT SUMMER clothing this morning, it was 30 degrees, and I took my time and went slow, but I still sweated like crazy. I have always had this problem and need help controling it. Any other ideas?
Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 AM

How far are you walking to your stand?
How much stuff are you carrying?

Shorten the distance
Lighten the load
Walk slower
Take breaks along the way

Old 11-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you had a physical lately? Some people are just sweaters you know. That makes it tough. You just have to hunt the wind.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 AM

As far as packing it stuff Just the normal stuff for the bow, and clotes for thesit in the blind and a hydro pac filled half way with ice. My total pac weight is 7 lbs. I realy dont pac it in because I use a cart to carry the pacs, blind and decoy.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

maybe your just sonervous aboutbagging your limit or that trophy that your body starts sweating.. lol. seriously i would ask a doctor next time you go for a check up. he will have better ideas than us on cures.. i do know there are pills you can take. theproblem with them is it makes your skins extremely dry and wolnt letyou sweat properly when doing strenuous worklike running or draging out a deer(etc), in turnmaking you over heat.
good luck.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:58 AM

I'm always stripped down on the way in. Keeps me from getting hot. Maybe you are just a 'sweater'. Are you a big fella??? Do you drink a lot??Heck, if I needed to I'd walk inwearin' nothin but boots and a hatif there weren't so many thorns...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a sweater, too. I sweat more than anyone i know. I'm in pretty good shape (esp. for a desk jockey), but I just sweat a lot. It sounds like you're already doing a lot to reduce your sweating, but here ar ea few more:
- Allow 15 more minutes to get to your stand site, then take it very easy getting there and getting up in the tree (getting up in the tree is where I sweat the most, usually).
- If you have access to private land and youhave permission to do so,try using some permanent stand sites to reduce your pack-in weight. I put some spikes into some trees on ourproperty in the mountains (very steep land) and just carry in my lone wolf stand (9 lbs), which helps reduce how much weight I have to carry in.
- Use really good scent control, including spraying yourself with scent killer spray on each layer of clothing (over your underwear) that you put on.
- Hunt the wind whenever possible!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Over heating on the way in to the woods...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.