Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North American Hunting Club? >

North American Hunting Club?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North American Hunting Club?

Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 PM

Default North American Hunting Club?

I just recived a pakage in the mail form them and was wondering if anyone new anything about them. I can tell they are a huge "club" with plenty of resources. But, has anyone actually ever got to try out any equpment? I was also wndering how they got my adress. Oh wait, I forgot Iwas refered buy somone...[&:]Any way just wanted the DL

Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 PM

Default RE: North American Hunting Club?

great organization and i love their magazine. it is a but pricy though because everything you get from them costs something seems like. i would say join and see how it is. im member of DU, NWTF, and NAHC.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a NAHCLife member myself, but that's only because they wouldn't give me my money back. [:@]I did get a decent leather jacket with their advertisement on it for giving theman earful abouttheir policies.

I do read the magazine, and enjoy the TV show, but the kind of benefits I was hoping for never materialized. I would join a hunting club for hunting rights to exclusive land, free equipment to try, discounts on gear and supplies.

It turns out I joined a club that offers collectibles like coins, knives, books,and whatnot that are exclusive to members, but must still be purchased. Useless to me, except for some of the books. Even with the books, they don't have a library to choose from. They send you a book every so often and expect you to pay for it or bother to return it by a certain date. Can't stand orgs who do business that way.

BTW, I'm still waiting for all the free field trial stuff I signed up for5 years ago. I guessit got lost in the mail. Funny how all the stuff they wanted me to buy found it's way to my door.

If I were you, I'd run like a 14 point buck on the opening day of gun season, unlesscollectible trinkets are why you hunt.

I wish I could give a good review, but this has been my experience with them.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:41 PM

Bulzeye pretty much said everything that was on the tip of my tongue about them.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I happen to be a life member and I sign up in to the field test program , they have sent some stuff for me to test .
But like bulzeye said they'll send you a lot of coins , books and knives that they want you to pay for but all you got to is decline on reply envelope .
I think it's a great club with lots of benefits and deals for the members.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Basically you're paying for the magazine . Lots of bull, like free gifts and free gear to try out and
then keep. I belonged for many years and never got anything. Last year I stopped my subscription and I can't get rid of them. They keep sending me all kinds of reminders and still keep sending me the magazine (Guess I shouldn't complain about that)! Themost annoying part is when they send you something to buy without you asking for it then if you don't want it, YOU have to pay to ship it back! OF course that's my opinion. I'm sure plenty of hunters enjoy "The Club".
Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, I am not fond of that club either. They send you a free sticker and patch out of nowhere and try to overcharge for everything. Personally I hate the tv show too. North american fishing club does the same stuff. Just join the NRA if you want to join anything. That is funny above where bulzeye said, only join if collectible trinkets are why you hunt. Every time I think about that club I envision a cheap gold coin with an eagle on it.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

That mag is the worst Ive ever seen. I cant get them to stop calling to re-new, I keep getting junk books, calendars, cook books, then there is a deadline to send it back if you don't want it.....A pain in the rear. If you are wanting a deer mag to read, go to your local book store and pick out one of many.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback
Old 11-20-2006, 09:27 AM

I just became a member but after the hassle I had w/ them last week and reading some of your opinions on the club I'm going to email them right now and cancel my membership.

Quick Reply: North American Hunting Club?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.