Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl >

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Old 11-05-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

I have heard lots of good talk about the new primos buck roar, has anyone tried this new call out yet?, i have also heard about the new Mad Call the Buck Growl, is these to calls the same, i know the primos buck roar also has a snort-wheeze, which call would buy or which one have gave more results... here is the info on the primos buck roar

The Buck Roar™ is the most effective deer call since "THE CAN®". The "Roar" sounds like a deep, resonating growl that is made by aggressive bucks during the rut. Bucks make this "Roaring" sound when their testerone levels are through the roof. Whether the rut is in full swing or just beginning, bucks will make the "Roar" when they are trying to get an Estrus™ doe to stop or warn other bucks to get away from a 'hot' doe. The Buck Roar™ is made from rubber so that it makes no sound if you happen to bump it on something while you are in your deer stand. In addition to making the 'Roaring' sound bucks make during the rut, this call also make perfect grunts and the snort-wheeze. This call also comes with a 30 minute instructional mini DVD.

and here is the info on the Buck Growl

The M.A.D. Calls Buck Growl produces buck grunts and mature-buck growls. The most intensive and emotional deer vocalization available to hunters comes forth in the M.A.D. Buck Growl. After years of hunting and studying deer and their vocalizations, M.A.D. Call founder Mark Drury, has unveiled his latest "secret" weapon in the deer woods. The Buck Growl exactly emulates all of the grunts and pops of a normal grunt call, but also reproduces the growl of a rutted up old buck. Unlike any other call, this grunt call has two vocal chambers to replicate a whitetail's deep tonal quality. When blown correclty and at the right time, the grunts and growls will bring mature and other inquisitive young bucks straight to your position.

Instructional mini-DVD included. Learn how, when and where to use this amazing deer call.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

ORIGINAL: kybowhunter423

The Buck Roar™ is the most effective deer call since "THE CAN®".
Well that's encouraging [:'(]. Seeing how everytime I hit my can every deer within a square mile is standing at the bottom of my tree........
Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

need i say more!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:36 PM

is that the buck growl or the buck roar call?, also very nice deer
Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 PM

Looks like the MAD growl. Also with the MAD call, if you blow too hard the reed will "rap" out and make a high pitched noise. The roar wont do this and I think you can get more aggressive with it. Plus it has a snort wheeze and compass.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 AM

I just bought the buck roar tonight and the sound that comes out of it sounds a lot better than the Mad Growl. Plus as Mo Bow said it has a snort wheeze and a compass, and includes a lanyard that will attach to your arm. The Mad call doesnt include a lanyard. I would probably drop it out of my stand...lol Will it work is the question? I will let you guys know after this weekend.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 AM

I have a buck roar and it sounds alot better than the Mad Growl.. Plus it has Snort Wheeze.. So you can roar, Grunt and Snort Wheeze all with the same call plus it comes with a arm strap and a lanyard on it. Plus the compass!.. We will find out if it really works or not over the next few weeks.. But I love primos calls and I think there top notch in the market of calls and dvd's..
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 AM

Sounds good, thanks guys for the suggestion, believe im gonna go with the primos buck roar, if i can find one, every where ive been is sold out, all local hunting shops, wal-marts, quess i will half to order one, also post back if u call in any deer with the new call

thanks alot

rob from ky
Old 11-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just called in a big buck using the Mad Buck growl 2 nights ago. I've never seen or heard the Buck Roar so i couldnt tell you anything on that. But i do know the M.A.D buck growl does work!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I just recently purchased the buck roar by Primos and was experimenting with it this past Saturday while in stand. Had 3 different bucks around me and actually had one of the bucks make the exact sound as the call. A real deep loud noise, not like a grunt. I also like being able to put the call on my arm keeping it out of the way but still handy.

Quick Reply: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.