Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl >

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Old 11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

and if you combined this with some doe in heat lure and a bleat call...your golden.....
Old 11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought the the primos "roar" at DICK'S for $17!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

ORIGINAL: Zim

Sorry but this is all too rediculous. I have never heard any buck make any such sound. To me these are nothing but your classic gimmicks. I think I'll come out with one called the Buck Belch. The hot new call y'all gotta have. The real way to take a big buck is draw an Iowa/Kansas/Illinois tag or get a good lease. $30 for a call ain't gonna do it.
Just goes to show you don't know everything. This call used at the right time ( pre rut and rut) will be one of the best calls out. I called one in tonight from over 200 yards away. Came in on a string.

I had a good 8 pointer doing this call for about two hours the other day. Six more bucks came in while he was doing it. He was guarding a pre estrus doe and was fired up big time. When a buck hears another buck doing this they know theres a hot doe near by.
Ya I know. All the more reason for you to buy one of my new Buck Belches. I heard a big buck belch yesterday in Illinois he just finished chewing his cud and had an estrus doe with him. Any challengers will come in on a string.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 PM

Zimknow your facts before you post and say something is not what its suppose to be.. They have recordings and video evidences of this sounds and the primos actually comes with a dvd with the footage.. The deer really make this sound and on a regular grunt call you can not get loud or aggressive enough to make the sound... So go do your homework.. Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 05:03 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCHuntnFEVER06

Zimknow your facts before you post and say something is not what its suppose to be.. They have recordings and video evidences of this sounds and the primos actually comes with a dvd with the footage.. The deer really make this sound and on a regular grunt call you can not get loud or aggressive enough to make the sound... So go do your homework.. Thanks
My "homework" has been done in the field for the past 23 years. I am also a businessman. Seen this kind of thing all the time, over and over. It's 100% marketing. $3,000 leases make $20 quick fix toys sound very appealing to the masses. Marketing is all about finding something new anddifferent,regardless if it actually works. Deer are curious critters. Almost any sound in the woods will draw some interest from some of them, some of the time. It's not rocket science.

I have met Mr. Drury and he seems like a nice fellow on the seminar circuit. Do you know the first thing he asked me when I spoke with him about one of his videos?........"What store did you buy the video from?"

Go on buying this junk if you like, and believe it if you like. Just trying tomaintain reality. If you want a big buck you shoulddraw an IA/KS/IL tag or get a good lease. $20 won't do it. Just the simple truth.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 AM

i have the buck roar. and it is awsome i have used it with the can a few times this year and had a ton of deer come under the stand. and the snort wheeze works really well also.

buck roar has my vote.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My "homework" has been done in the field for the past 23 years. I am also a businessman. Seen this kind of thing all the time, over and over. It's 100% marketing. $3,000 leases make $20 quick fix toys sound very appealing to the masses. Marketing is all about finding something new anddifferent,regardless if it actually works. Deer are curious critters. Almost any sound in the woods will draw some interest from some of them, some of the time. It's not rocket science.

I have met Mr. Drury and he seems like a nice fellow on the seminar circuit. Do you know the first thing he asked me when I spoke with him about one of his videos?........"What store did you buy the video from?"

Go on buying this junk if you like, and believe it if you like. Just trying tomaintain reality. If you want a big buck you shoulddraw an IA/KS/IL tag or get a good lease. $20 won't do it. Just the simple truth.

What the hell do you mean $20.00 just wont do it!?!?!? I have proof that the $20.00 WILL DO IT! Best damned $20.00 I have ever spent! Need the proof again? Id post it but something is wrong with the site. Every pic i try to post says Not Valid File Type.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 AM

I harvested a nice 3 point yesterday evening.
I had 1 1/2 hours in the woods before dark.
I dragged a scent trail with Code Blue standing estrous to my stand and hung the rag in a tree.
I would hit "the Can" 2 or three times then use the Roar with 10-12 agressive grunts.
After 1 hour I saw the deer sneaking through the woods about 75 yards in.
I don't know if he was there because of my calling, scents, or he was just passing through...
I'd like to think it was because of the Roar but can't be certain...
Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 AM

Hehe so funny how people can still be so skeptical when there is a ton of proof out there that it does work.

I was skeptical too, so I bought the buck growl just to see...its just 20 freakin bucks.

When I first blew it, damn it was a nice sounding grunt. It also let me to the little clicks a buck does when following a doe. I thought, if anything its a nice sounding grunt. Very sensitive and LOUD.

So I tried it in the woods...I saw 5 bucks last weekend. No real shooters, but this call if anything doesn't hurt your chances.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zim:

Marketing is all about finding something new and different, regardless if it actually works. Deer are curious critters. Almost any sound in the woods will draw some interest from some of them, some of the time. It's not rocket science.
You know, Zim does have a point. Ask any traditional archer/hunter and they'll tell you the same thing - nearly 100% of the "hunting gear" on the shelves does not apply to them, simplicity at it's finest. Calls and cans are the same way. I've tried the can before with no luck at all (it doesn't scare the deer, just doesn't attract them). In fact, in 27 years of hunting I've never heard the can call in the woods. Maybe I'm missing something.

As for the grunt calls, well.... I think the Buck Roar is a great idea as far as being all rubber to cut down on noise, but it is another marketing ploy attached to the idea that bowhunters will buy anything you put in front of them for nearly any price that says, "You'll get more and bigger deer with this product.".

Years ago my hunting buddy dug out his call during the rut (rifle season) and hit it only to find out the reed had froze up. The thing squealed like a pig. He was trying to get the reed un-froze by blowing through it which only made things worse as far as the sound coming out of it. That ugly noisy duck-pig-rabbit squeal barely resembled a grunt, but what happened next did... Within seconds after failing to unfreeze the reed a nice buck came running in from a couple hundred yards away so my buddy put a bullet through his heart. Yep, bucks are curious.

With all that said, I'll probably be buying a Buck Roar this weekend simply because I like the quietness of using it.

Quick Reply: Primos Buck Roar vs. Mad Buck Growl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.