Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

peanut butter

Old 11-01-2006, 02:11 PM

Default peanut butter

Maybe this is just a local thing but if you want to get a laugh try this, get you some cheap peanut butter a wood screw and screw driver, knife and screw the lid to a tree about the right height for the deer, then screw the jar to the tree and cut out the bottom of the jar. It is fun watching the does run there tounge in there scooping out the peanut butter then trying to get it off the roof of there mouth! Last week a guy at the camp put one on his tree about 11 then came back to hunt that evening about 3ish and it was allready empty!!!! I know its pretty popular around here but thought I might post it just in case everybody hasnt heard of this.
Have fun
Old 11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: peanut butter

never heard of using it for deer but I know its funny when you do that to a dog or cat?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I knew that I have used it in the past
Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 AM

yea its fun to do every now and then
Old 11-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I tried it last year and coons were the only thing that went near it.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

I put up an electric fence to keep the deer out of my gardens. Hung some strips of aluminum foil with peanut butter on it. Boy would I have liked to see them when their nose or tongue hit that. You do it to train them to just stay away from your yard. Maybe next year I will run 220V through it and go out an have jerky in the morning....
Old 11-02-2006, 06:45 AM

Never heard of it, but will deffently like to give it a try. Espeacialy with the rut right around the corner. If it brings in the does the bucks will follow
Old 11-02-2006, 06:50 AM

Never heard of this is it a lure tactic or just for amusement?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:12 AM

I've never heard of mounting the jar to the tree, but I've heard about smearing peanut butter on the side of the tree about 3 feet high. I might try it out next week.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM

I think I might put out a jar in front of my camera on video mode. That would be a funny clip to watch, lol. As far as lures I guess it would work, like he said, if u have does coming by everyday the bucks will follow when the rut is on.

Quick Reply: peanut butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.