HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Camo face paint pattern? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/162323-camo-face-paint-pattern.html)

TurkeyStalker 10-29-2006 03:07 PM

Camo face paint pattern?

Is there anyone who can find me some pictures of people faces painted with camo? I would like to know te proper technique if possible. Any pros and cons to using this? I have had my bowstring snag my face mask to many times and throw my shot off.

Chuck7 10-29-2006 03:10 PM

RE: Camo face paint pattern?

Fours years in the military..;)

Your highlights of your face are the nose bridge , forehead , chin and ckeek bones. We were taught to paint them dark..they are the shiny parts of your face. The lighter pastel colors go on the rest of your face. .
C7

Washington Hunter 10-29-2006 03:33 PM

You asked for it;

Considering when we're hunting we aren't hiding from someone who will shoot back, just paint your face to break up the outline. There is no particular pattern that works better than others.

hardcorehunter 10-29-2006 03:46 PM

No right or wrong way IMO. I too don't like face masks and I think the camo face makes for cooler photos.

Planter 10-29-2006 04:03 PM

I hate grease paint as much as I hate a mask. They used to make a powder camo which would wipe off at the end of the day. Need paint thinner to remove that grease stuff.I tried a scent-loc hood and I can't hear a thing so I usually use a pull up mask and keep it down until things heat up.>>>>>Whack!

BowHuntingFool 10-29-2006 04:37 PM

A bit grainy of a picture but here ya go! I found that baby wipes takes the stuff off very easy! Unscented of course!

kwilson16 10-29-2006 06:52 PM

"Light on low; dark on high" is the military standard. I'm sure the Army spent a million dollars on the research to determine the most effective.

Kingston 10-29-2006 07:38 PM

I've always just used a burned cork from a wine bottle...washes right of w/soap and water.

isatarak 10-29-2006 07:44 PM

I used to wear the net over my face with the hat and kind of got out of the habit. I don't even bother to cover my face anymore in the tree stand. Deer will sometimes look right at me, but If I don't move, it doesn't seem to bother them. If I hunted on the ground or hunted turkeys, it might be a different story, though.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-29-2006 07:51 PM

I wear a mask, hate the face paint because it ends up on everything else when I sweat. I simply pull off/down the mask when I'm ready to shoot.