Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rut activity  in MD! >

rut activity in MD!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rut activity in MD!

Old 10-24-2006, 09:05 AM

Default rut activity in MD!

Last Saturday saw three does being chased all over by a buck. Sunday watched to six pointers locked in combat for 15 minutes at only 5ft. Any one else think the show is starting?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Spike

Default RE: rut activity in MD!

I live in Carroll county, adjacent to Liberty reservoir. I have not seen true signs of the rut. I took a long walk Sunday and found no scrapes or rubs. On a daily routine, I have 3 does, 8 yearlings, a spike and 4 ptr. visit a field behind my house. Over the years I would see the does scare-off the young bucks before the rut. My two cents!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing lots of rubs and scrapes.. usually the lil guys get fiesty this time of year, but im guessing the rut will be a week or so early this year due to the cold weather...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Paulk

I live in Carroll county, adjacent to Liberty reservoir. I have not seen true signs of the rut. I took a long walk Sunday and found no scrapes or rubs. On a daily routine, I have 3 does, 8 yearlings, a spike and 4 ptr. visit a field behind my house. Over the years I would see the does scare-off the young bucks before the rut. My two cents!
I live in finksburg too, and seen some spikes chasing a small doe. Don't think its there. yet. Maybe in a few weeks. I live around the whistle stop paul. Good to see another carroll countian.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

I've have seen more earlyrutting activity this year than I can ever recall (however, Isuffer from crs, lol). Had a spike chase some does into my area last Sat, then run them out just as quick. Three times in the past week or so, bucks have run does out of the oak flat I've been hunting... one of the bucks was very nice looking...

-fsh

Old 10-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Haven't seen anything yet. I've been seeing a nice buck for my area consistently in the same area year after year. He gets more active as the rut nears and I haven't seen him in over a week. I suspect it will be starting within a week or two. But what do I know.[&:]
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 AM

No activity yet I havn't seen any rubs for scrapes yet. [:@]
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM

It was at Liberty Reservoir that I witnessed the sparring match.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the Fredericksburg area of VA. I've seen a lot of rubs, some scrapes. No fighting and no chasing, yet...
Old 10-24-2006, 02:01 PM

I haven't seen ANY rubs but I did see 5 small scrapes and a larger one on Saturday. All of them were active.

Quick Reply: rut activity in MD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.