HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Scent Away vs Scent Killer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/160783-scent-away-vs-scent-killer.html)

PA Hardwoods 10-20-2006 11:00 AM

Scent Away vs Scent Killer

This seems like a pretty elementary question but really what is the difference between these two products (I am talking about the regular scent elimination versions not the ones with cover scents added to them). I have never given it much thought since I have always used and had good success with Scent Away. Are these 2 scent elimination products exactly the same but just bottled in different packaging. Heck when I see them in the stores their packaging is almost identical except for the labels. I have opened up the bottles of each and they seem the same but does one have something in it the other doesn't?

txjourneyman 10-20-2006 11:06 AM

RE: Scent Away vs Scent Killer

I've wondered the same thing. I didn't even realize they were 2 different products until I noticed them sitting on the shelf at Wallyworld with a .59 difference in price.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-20-2006 11:08 AM

I use Scent Killer, I'm not sure there is a difference tho.

Alpha Capo 10-20-2006 11:11 AM

i wonder whats in these products they dont say on the Bottle?
I wonder if they are basicaly the same as the home made recipe that some guys use or is there something special about it?

The main ingedient is water....

SteveO KanevO 10-20-2006 11:14 AM

I use both Scent Away and Scent Killer. I dont know what the difference is, I just buy it and put it on. That is pretty much my scent elimination process right there. I hang my clothes outside after washed in Scent Away and wear rubber boots. But as far as hunting the wind and what not. Never really had a problem with it. Ive had deer directly down wind of me and never know anything is up. I read in a field journal on here that you cant eliminate human scent all the way but you can get it down to an acceptable level. I agree with that 100 %. Deer will accept a certain amount of human scent before they get skiddish. If you are hunting a place closer to civilization like I used to I didnt even worry about it. Because those deer smelled humans everyday and saw them on a regular basis.

mauser06 10-20-2006 11:53 AM

i use scent killer when i cant find dead down wind. i like the fact it says it works for days after drying...i noticed my hunting clothes dont have that smell they usually carry...like wet, dirt, fall rotting leaves wierd kinda smell. this year i started carring about scent. dont know if scent away is diffrent or not. i rather use the scent removers then go out smelling like dirt, an acornor pine tree etc.....just my opinion...just seems that youll smell prettttty strong if you spray yourself down good

heeze gutshot shortee 10-20-2006 12:41 PM

PA..its the same difference

DougMD 10-20-2006 02:34 PM

I got some of that laundry detergent with dirt scent. That stuff is more expensive than liquor!

NCYankee 10-20-2006 03:29 PM

Just douse yourself in liquor. Deer love corn!

hunterjoe0000 10-20-2006 03:33 PM

try this spray scent killer in a cat box. then do the same with scent away. i have used both and they are like night and day .. scent away is by far the better one...