Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season >

iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season

Old 11-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Banned

I'm all for it. If you don't like it tough. Because you can't do ANYTHING about it!! Every state should do this. if you get into your stand and there's a coon about to come at you who would want to nock an arrow, pull back, and shoot something that's 2 feet in front of you? Not to mention doing so in the dark would be impossible!! If I had this rule the trespassers i see on my land won't be walking away.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

In PA, you can have a handgun while hunting archery season if you have a license to carry. The gun may only be used for self defense.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by whitetaildave24
I also live in Indiana and I don't understand why this rule has not been the case forever anyways. You never know who you are going to run into while in the woods and I would much rather be able to pull a pistol than try and get an arrow knocked, draw, and then shoot. It is about time we get with the program and allow people to participate in the right that was given to us.

If someone posses a threat to me, I will drop the bow and go for my glock.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Buck Huntin Girl

But as a side note, what the heck does ANY Hoosier need a pistol for in the woods? There is absolutely NOTHING in any part of Indiana that is going to threaten their lives in the woods, unless it's a person, and you can take them out with a well placed broadhead anyway. I can see this being a sensible rule in states with bear and mountain lion populations, but INDIANA??? We have NOTHING threatening here...
Seriously????

So your telling me if someone is shooting at you or is coming through some brush, your gonna try and take perfect aim and shoot them with a bow?

No you drop the bow and go to your defensive gun and go to work. Thank you DNR!!! Great job!