Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Base layer??

Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Base layer??

Anyone familiar with scentlock Baseslayer clothing? I went to bass pro today to buy some underarmour (strictly for warmth). I had it in my cart and then came across the scentlock section which had Base Slayer undergarment. I was wondering if this stuff had the same warmth as the underarmour line of clothing or geared more towards just scentlock? It said it "wickes" the moisture from your skin which I think is the idea behind the underarmour, but not sure if it is as effective as keeping you as warm as the underarmour. I'm slightly more concerned about warmth with the undergarment as scent control (the rest of everything on me is scentlock). But, if I could get both with the same warmth then that would be cool.

p.s. Bass Pro Shop is an evil place. I usually spend at least double what I intend to EVERYTIME I enter that place [:@].
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Base layer??

I've been wearing the base layer from scent loc since it came out about three years ago. I can't really compare it to under armour since I don't have any, but I know my stuff is pretty warm. It also does a very good job at wicking away moisture. Pretty nasty looking stuff comes out when I hand wash the stuff.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Base layer??

I dont have any underarmour, but I have been using base slayers for a few years. This year I bought a redhead brand of underarmour that has built in scent control system to fight bacteria. I think that the redhead brand does a much better job of wicking away the moisture. Thats just my opinion tho. And it's much cheaper.