Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree rubs in Conn >

Tree rubs in Conn

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree rubs in Conn

Old 10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tree rubs in Conn

hey all I was out scouting today and found some fresh tree rubs on Central Conn state land, I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the same in New england and if so how long from this point do you start to use scents and calls? can I start this week or should I wait a few more weeks? and also can these areas have the potential to see bucks in light or are they still nocturnal for another couple weeks or so. Thanks
Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Tree rubs in Conn

Over here in Iowa the bucks are rubbin and scrapin hard ... even seen a lil bit of chasin from the lil basket racks but id say youd probably safe to use your rattle next weekend for sure Id probably wait till two more weeks to use the scents though