Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help...........

Old 08-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help...........

Got my new pend. sight in from Trophey Ridge. and when I try to bolt it on the riser, the adjustment knob on the sight contacts the rod on the bow(I don't know what to call it) that pulls your strings to the side. Which makes it so that you cant't adjust for long range yardage. Needs a spacer or something, has this happened to any of you. What did you do to correct it? Or do I need to give up on the sight? (don't want to do that though)
Old 08-13-2006, 01:12 PM

Default RE: Help...........

The rod you speak of is the cable gaurd. The sight should have a couple of different mounting holes you could use. Can you try using a different setof holes to move the bracket in closer to the riser?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The riser has only one set of mounting holes in it. the sight has 2, a front and back, so you can move forward or back one hole, the knob still comes in contact with the cable guard, the whole sight as a whole needs to move down or up and slightly out to clear the cable guard. At work today, I machined out a 3/8 piece of alumn, that is 2 x 2. and I'm gonna drill and tape offset holes in it to either move up or down, and the 3/8 will move it out. Hope it works, won't know untill tonight after work.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also make sure the sight is oriented the correct way on the bow.
I know it sounds silly but you'd be surprised how easy it is to orient it backwards if not paying attention.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Also make sure the sight is oriented the correct way on the bow.
I know it sounds silly but you'd be surprised how easy it is to orient it backwards if not paying attention.
I hear ya, it's a both left and right hand sight, so have to assemble accordingly. If it wasn't for such a big knob on the end, it would work fine. Hope this works.