Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 help me fix my short draw length! >

help me fix my short draw length!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help me fix my short draw length!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:45 PM

Default help me fix my short draw length!

When Eddie posted that pic of me up a while ago, a lot of you said my elbow was high. I have tried to correct it, but it is really uncomfortable. Eddie said my draw length is a little short. Is that whats causing my elbow to go up?? And would a loop fix this problem? Any advice or info on what in the world a loop is would help...thanks!!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Default RE: help me fix my short draw length!

using a loop is a good idea.While it won't change your true draw length,you can play around with the length of the loop,and your anchor point, to get that elbow and draw arm in line with the arrow.

CB
Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

The loop would likely add a 1/2" or so, which might help some, but likely not solve the issue. If Eddie can't get ya straightened out, go to the shop you guys got your bow at.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM

thanks. is the draw length something that can be adjusted on the bow?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, and we're still waiting on corrected form pictures...
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM

haha how about after I get this loop...otherwise, everyone will still be saying my elbow is high! I think I've got the other errors fixed though. But I'll let you all be the judge of that
Old 08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Seems to me eddie set up with that bow and everything. Maybe you should dump him you. If he can't get you into propper form, you know.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:24 PM

Just to get a rough idea if your draw length is close, divide your total arm span in inches (which coincidently should closely match your height in non-neanderthals) by 2.5. Mine comes up to 29.3 and my draw is actually 29.5. If 26" is your correct draw, I'm guessing that you're about 5'4"?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

kodiak archery is correct...thats what i did when ordering my first bow and its dead on the nose. came out to like 28.4...i went 28 with a loop...i know im not too long
Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 PM

I personally wouldn't worry about it. A short draw is much better than one that is a bit too long. Where your elbow is at full draw is one of the very last things I would worry about when shooting. The important thing is do you do it the same way every time and is it comfortable to repeat? If so it shouldn't matter.

I don't remember your form looking all that bad when I looked at it. Not everyone is built the same way so they won't all shoot the same way. Besides its very hard to evaluate someones form from one or two pictures. It really helps to be there and see them shoot numerous times.

Paul

Quick Reply: help me fix my short draw length!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.