Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadhead target >

broadhead target

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead target

Old 08-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default broadhead target

i am going to be needed a broadhead target for this season. thing is, i need something CHEAP. if it last this season while i fine tune my broadhead flight and a few inseason broadheads ill be happy. i just cant shoot a broadhead through my bag. anyone have any recomendations??? my friend said he got a cheap 2 inch thick target for broadheads and it stops them for him, but im shooting carbons and a good bit faster. he said it stops them no problem but he has to unscrew the heads and pull the arrow out like that. thats no biggie if it stops them. if noone has anything cheaper then 30$ i will just buy a dicks sporting goods layered target. its just like the block but cheap. feels the same to me, i felt them both. i would imagine that would stop my arrows. thanks guys
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: broadhead target

The 2 inch hard foam targets your buddy bought will stop an arrow for a while. Just use different spots. You don't have to unscrew the heads. Just realize if you have some helical in you vanes the arrows twist just the slightest bit going through. If you pull the arrow until just before the head hits the back of the target, then look at the back to observe the slits made by your broadheads, you can twist the arrow to line them up. Me, I recently bought a yellow jacket. Not real cheap, not real expensive. It works.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 PM

my local walmart, I konw a lot of people don't like buying from there, but they have a 4x4 target, two sides for broadheads, and 2 sides for field points, that is a layered foam target for 39, it works great for me and haven't had any problems with it yet, arrows pull out easy too
Old 08-08-2006, 12:40 AM

The yellowjacket targets are great. $44.99 at Cabelas.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just shot the He$$ out of one of the King targets from Keystone country store and still using it. 29 bucks.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also recommend the yellow jacket,for the price it's hard to beat.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the yellow jacet and me and a buddy have been putting holes in it for two years. One side is pretty wore out but ther other three sides are still inn great shape. We got it for $39
Old 08-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the cheap layered target from Dick's it works well. I unscrew the BH and pull the shafts thisprevents premature splintering. Also when almost worn out and getting pass throughs I'll put a couple of rachet straps around the target and compress the layers again.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going with a Yelowjacket as well. Bought a Black Hole last year and it is shot already...slivers come out on evry arrow removeal until it is gone.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys. david..as long as i can fine tune my sights and shoot a few reassurance shots this fall ill be happy. i need to buy a climber by sept 29th. and got some other stuff that needs done too like car inspection, registration etc...and i leave for college in less then 3 weeks so i dont know what will happen with work. next year i plan to set up a nice backyard range. good broadhead target, a nice 3d buck and a good spot shooting target. thanx guys. next year ill probably buy the yellow jacket. i dont have anywhere local that sells those and i dont wanna pay shipping on it so when i make a trip to gander mountain or maybe even cabelas ill buy that stuff there.

Quick Reply: broadhead target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.