Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's >

Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Local Pro Shop
67.57%
Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's
32.43%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Old 07-06-2006, 07:46 AM

Default Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Just curious, how many of the people feel it's more important to support a local Pro Shop and pay a little more or save some money and go to one of the bigger shops?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Ourlocal Archery shop around here thinks actually knows he has a corner on the market cause he is the only game in 50 miles of here so his prices are rediculos. But wait we have a BassPro shop and a Cabalas being built asI write this and when they open many people just like me are going to tell him where to put his shop. Usually I support a small business but this guy is crazy with his prices. When ever I need somthing done I wait till I go out of state and have a local pro shop there work on my Bow at just about 1/2 the price. Mike
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im fortunate to have a few local shops and a Bass Pro within 30 miles of my house. I try to use the local shops like when I purchase bows and some small stuff, but the local guys dont carry anything close to what I can walk in and walk out of Bass Pro with unfortunately. Thats where the small guy cant compete with the conglamorate corporate big dog. Too convienent for me to go to a store that stocks lots and lots of things I like to browse and buy like scent eliminator, camo, targets, stands, boots, arrows, sights, vanes, etc ... most small guys dont have the room or the money to stock anywhere near as much stuff unfortunately.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I go to the bigger stores like Gander Mtn. or Cabela's--tough to beat their prices.Lancaster Archery is an exception-they have decent prices there.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:33 AM

im in gander every day because i know alot of the people that work there and i shoot in their range every day and their prices are better then the local pro shops and lets face it the bigger shops have every thing you need. you dont have to order stuff and you can get everything from hunting to fishing to camping all in one spot. im lucky cause gander is only 4 miles from me.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:34 AM

It all depends upon what you're looking for IMO.

Bow? Local shop, even if it's more expensive the service you will get, 90% of the time anyhow, will be superior.

Camo clothing? Price and selection is far better online or at a major retailer. But don't forget to check for sales at your local shop

Broadheads, arrows, etc.? The dollar or two more you'll spend at the local shop is more than worth it for the knowlege and assistance you're supporting.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Without Local Community Pro Shops around to maintain exposure to our sport within those communities, Archery as we know it will quickly be forgotten--mark my words. Ifwe onlypurchase thru the mega stores or online "because it is cheaper/easier", then the local Pro shops will soon be gone and this would be the end---we MUST support them!This new age of internet sales, jacks of all trades megabox store conglomerates, and manufacturers catering to them due to the easier profit to be made from a truckoad of product going to one location instead of the same amount going to say 100 places, will eventually bethe killing stroke to the sport IMHO. If there are no local shops, then there is lesser local exposure andinterest, and in turnless local places to shoot--- thus people will in turn simply go do something else. We cannot afford to let this happen.

Support your local Pro shops please! The sport you may save by doing somay be your own!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Local pro shop always for me.
I don't have a Cabela's or Bass Pro within 4 hours of me but there is a Gander Mtn. with in an hour. The only way I'll shop there is if I want something RIGHT now and my local pro shop says they'll have to order it, but that's only happened to me once. Besides at 3 bucks per gallon it's hard for me to drive an hour and expect to save money in the long run!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

However; for just about everything else it's either Walmart or Cabelas.
I live near one of the best bow shopsi n the USA. No pressure and can fix you up according to your budget. Again...absolutely no pressure to buy anything.
C7
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have to say that the local pro shop in the small town I live in is the best. You won't get that kind of service at a big chain store. I may pay a little more but I think it is worth it and I know they will stand behind what they sell. Hunters Choice for me

Quick Reply: Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.