Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabelas Archery/New Gear >

Cabelas Archery/New Gear

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabelas Archery/New Gear

Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabelas Archery/New Gear

Rage slip cam vs. Rocky Mountain snyper- what's the difference? one list opening cut on impact & the other list cutting diameter but they look exactly the same, what's the angle?
To answer that question, I just read that Field Logic bought Barrie Archery...so they are basically upgraded Snypers.

Sights- try as I might I couldn't find any with a .019" pin. I'm sure I overlooked one but all I'm seeing is .029"ers and the one I have is too big IMHO.
I think you can get the Cobra models in .019 and .029 and I know that Sword Accusite is offered with pin heads down to .010.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

rage slipcam is much bigger cutting diameter.....with a head that uses so little energy to open I think this bigger cutting diameter is going to be great. I will be shooting them this year.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see it now "fully deployed" , I thought they were listing the opening width only where thay can scissor open larger than their final cutting diameter.

The rage 3 does look good, but still pricey. Not that I normally care, but my new lease is supposed to have a decent pig population and man can't have enough "other white meat". I plan on using up my old B/H's on the pigs and leaving my dead on arrows for deer.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pabowhunter already mentioned the listed diamond speeds, look a little swollen to anyone else?

Those speeds were unatainable when they were bowtech bows, now that they are diamonds they are faster? A victory at 330 fps & a Liberty at 318?
If I was catalog shopping and those speeds were true that liberty would be hard to pass up!

I couldn't find the sword sight or that cobra with the .019" pin option, am I missing them?
I'd be ordering through my proshop anyways as he can usually (always so far) beat cabelas prices. Just shopping all the purty pictures
Old 05-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those speeds were unatainable when they were bowtech bows, now that they are diamonds they are faster? A victory at 330 fps & a Liberty at 318?
If I was catalog shopping and those speeds were true that liberty would be hard to pass up!

I couldn't find the sword sight or that cobra with the .019" pin option, am I missing them?
I'd be ordering through my proshop anyways as he can usually (always so far) beat cabelas prices. Just shopping all the purty pictures
...and with an 8 inch brace height (Liberty) to boot! You would think it would be a simple typo but they even reiterated it in the paragraph description of the product. Me thinks somebody was looking at the wrong numbers.

I am not sure if the Sword sight was in the Cabelas book but it was in the Arrow Trade mag. I was looking at during the same time. I am sure your shop could order one.....same goes for the .019 pin option on the Cobra models.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:38 AM

The dead down wind takes about 48 hrs for those little enzymes to work. so you need to spray down on Wed to hunt the weekend. Not cool.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Xtremebone

The dead down wind takes about 48 hrs for those little enzymes to work. so you need to spray down on Wed to hunt the weekend. Not cool.

Now that's funny.

310-318 ibo would smell a little closer to what I'd venture to be reality, but where did the 8" brace come from? I like what I'm reading. Too bad I'm bowed up for now.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

That new Rage looks like a great head! The difference is bigger diameter and no rubber bands to deal with. I don't know why anyone would want to shoot a over the top jacknife style expandable when you can shoot the Rage which opens up on entry with no deflection and penetrates like a fixed head.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Liberty at 318 with an 8" brace!

When i read this i had to do a double take and go get my catalog out and take another look.I currently shoot an 04 Liberty and i love itso much that i've been considering trying to find an 05 to purchase to go along with my 04and making my 04 a back-up. After seeing this i think i'll take a good hard look at the 06 Diamond. If it shoots anywhere as good as the 04 i have nowthen it's a shooter and with a little more fps and a larger brace that would besweet!

noteif indeed it isn't a misprint)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto Mykey, I noticed the same thing, I too shoot the 04 Liberty. Mine has the 80lb limbs, My local pro shop carries the new Diamond Liberty, I think I am going go down and shoot my hunting arrow through the chrono with my current liberty and the new Diamond..be interesting to see the speeds each bow produces.

I am seriously looking at the Magnus SS broadheads too. 5 shot did a write up on them.

Quick Reply: Cabelas Archery/New Gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.