Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ugliest Cresting Machine ever! >

Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Old 03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Seven years?!?! Surely it hasn't been that long... No, No way! Wait, unless the distributor I ordered it from had old ones in stock... I just made mine about two and a half years ago or so...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: dab029

here are my first attempts, not too shabby with horrible paint brushes.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Dab029/561f6e68.jpg
Not shabby at all! Is that a green to white fade? Did you do that yourself or is that a wrap?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Thanks Ducsauce / Greg for the replies.

Greg,
I printed out your instructional thread and your chuck looked as though it was some type of aluminum or metal encasing that had a rubber grommet on the inside to hold the arrow in place. The rubber bohning chuck I purchased was literally the only one I could find ANYWHERE.

Ducsauce,
I alsobelieve that it is the chuck making the circular motion. Is doesn't have a true spin when attached to the shaft. If you try the surgical tubing; could you let me know how it works out for you or if it is a sewing machine rotational problem. I appreciate the help.

Does anyone else seem to have this problem with theirbohning chuck?

Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: chetreed

Trembow / Greg/MO,
I've got a question for you; when the shaft of your sewing motor rotates, are your pinstripes thicker on one side of the arrow as the other side or do you get a true circular motion?
Hey chet,
More often than not, I do get an uneven rotation so the stripes would wind up thicker on one side. By messing with the surgical tube, I can minimize the eccentric motion which definitely improves the thickness of the stripes.

I was hoping that a chuck might fix some of that for me, but I guess it won't if you're having the same problem
Old 03-09-2006, 09:14 AM

Hey chet,
More often than not, I do get an uneven rotation so the stripes would wind up thicker on one side. By messing with the surgical tube, I can minimize the eccentric motion which definitely improves the thickness of the stripes.

I was hoping that a chuck might fix some of that for me, but I guess it won't if you're having the same problem

Trembow,
I appreciate the help, I will have to go out and find some surgical tubing to do some experimenting with. Thanks Again!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:42 AM

ya its a white cap with a flogreen to white fade and white nocks. i did em myself no wraps i dont really carefor the wraps so much.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM

i think this pic will show it better
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Dab029/DSCN0384.jpg
Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM

sweet dab!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:03 PM

i think i have some bad news. first try this. while the arrow is spinning, slow it down with your finger and thumb for a second. this should clear up the issue. that comes from the bohning video. if it doesn't, the problem isn't your chuck - its your arrow.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i think i have some bad news. first try this. while the arrow is spinning, slow it down with your finger and thumb for a second. this should clear up the issue. that comes from the bohning video. if it doesn't, the problem isn't your chuck - its your arrow.
If that is the case then all my arrows must be bad. I am going to get some of the tubing to experiment with.

Quick Reply: Ugliest Cresting Machine ever!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.