Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

99% Let off bow

Old 01-31-2006, 12:22 PM

Default RE: 99% Let off bow

Forget the 99% let-off. If you truly need a handicap, just get a recurve. HA! JK.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM

I don't think I'd have one, but I wouldn't judge anyone that did. Just personal preference. They still have to hit what they're aiming at.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Oh you want some toooooooooooo!!! The next guy in line just stepped up. Well this is what I think about you....HA! JK.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sure was wrong. I don't mind admitting when I make a mistake... You were right CharlieP.. and you have the right to make fun of me,,, I have been hard on you on the political forum... You too Mildotmaster,,, after Gibblet put you in your place, I did laugh, but it was as funny as Charlep making me taste my foot...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 PM

Ya we all need a good slapping every now and then. Who will get it next? HA!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that bigsissy Ausey-Guy....
Old 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Hey, anybody seen my horse I road in on??? I stopped by to pick up some more Carbon Tech Arrows because they all broke when hitting my soft target and when I came back out, the horse I road in on was gone. What the heck over?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe Oneida's can also be "altered" to have a very high let off% Not quite 99% but I believe 90% is possible
Absolutely. A friend of mine had one and showed me how they did it. At full draw, you simply pressed the lower limb against your leg and nearly all the holding weight was gone. You could literally twist and turn a fairly loose string with your fingers. I've done this repeatedly with friends whenever we would come across an Oneida. It was fascinating.

It's worth noting though that the higher let-offs trade speed for that let-off.