Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting shows >

Bowhunting shows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting shows

Old 01-11-2002, 08:35 AM

Default Bowhunting shows

Im thinking about takin a little vacation and possibly attending a bowhunting show. Any recommendations on where in the east coast and when some are scheduled. I live in W.V.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting shows

I don't know of any that are Archery specific, but here's a link to some future events. I attend the Harrisburg thing every year. You could get up and do it in a day, or if you prefer spend the night. It has a big section devoted to archery. It's mostly manufacturers and shop owners displaying their wares. They do have some shooting competitions but it doesn't look like they get a lot of shooters. The show has it ALL. Boats, Archery, Fishing, Guides, SUV, RVs, etc etc. They also have lots of seminars and featured speakers. Lots of "Experts" and celebrities such as Fitzgerald etc. It is packed with people. If you really want to kill a couple days and take your time you could do it. I've been enough that I know what I want to see and whiz thru it in about 3 or 4 hours. If you're looking to buy there are usually a lot of show specials. Get ready to stand in line some. They literally have thousands attend everyday. Cost is about $12 to get in. A 2 day pass is less per day.
http://www.easternsportshow.com/

P.S. Looking through the list of seminars and speakers... it looks like they tried to cut expenses this year. No real big names.

Edited by - davidmil on 01/11/2002 10:22:52