Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found a nice buck DEAD >

Found a nice buck DEAD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found a nice buck DEAD

Old 12-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Spike

Default Found a nice buck DEAD

Today my father and I went to our best hunting spot. The same place I took a 8 pt two weeks ago. The rut is over and the hunting pressure was intense so we were just hoping something would be moving. We sat all morning and saw nothing. This is very unusual. We have a streak in tact that we have seen deer every time out since we leased the place three years ago. I decided so start moving in hope of spotting something. I crossed a fence tosome propertythat we can't hunt on but are allowed on and followed a trail. About 15 yards on the other side of the fence I came up on a very nice 8 pt. He was pretty chewed up, the only thing left were his bones and hide. I had never seen this deer and by the mass on his rack he seemed to be an old buck. I was pleased to see that there were good bucks like this around but also made me mad that if he were shot the he was not recovered. How can Iget an accurate age by looking at his teeth?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:34 PM

Default RE: Found a nice buck DEAD

Just tell me you weren't in Tusc. County Ohio. [&o] I'm still hoping the one I didn't recover is still breathing.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

I found a small 9 point earlier this year and it was fairly fresh. The only wound I
could see was a badly broken back leg. I guess he died of blood loss or fever.
I hate to see any deer wasted like that. He would have been a nice buck in
a couple of years.[&:]
Old 12-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found a nice doe yesterday out behind my house when we went to cut a christmas tree down. She was shot WAY back, and had just died. My son & I dragged her back to the house. I hate to see them suffer and die like that, but at least we recovered her, and she was still very warm. I guess the neighbors must have shot her, probably the evening before since I didn't hear any shots yesterday morning, and she ran over on us and bedded down in the pines. I found one earlier this year also, but it was a few days old and already chewed on.
I also have a great buck in my freezer to do a skull mount on, that a buddy of mine found while hunting last year. 136" 8pt, that had been shot with buckshot and not recovered.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out in PA yesterday and i found a button head that was neck shot , footprints up to him , then footprints going away , i was heated , they were from the previous night , there was some snow on the deer , but like a dusting on his face , and the tracks were covered with a think layer but still visible. we dont shoot buttons around our farm so that was a real drag. if i was only there a day earlier i coulda nabbed the guy or atleast salvaged the meat , but the neck was chewed on where the hole was.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:35 PM

I heard this DoubleLung55 dude is gay.lol man, i decided to come back to the forums after a while off after you asked me about it the other day. I was pissed about finding that button buck too, there is no way that whoever shot that deer didn't find it. They had to of find it and decided to leave it there....makes me sick.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:39 PM

me and my dad found an 8 pointer dead that had b een there for at least a couple weeks. we kept its head and were going to keep the skull with the antlers attached
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM

YOU weren't in Tusc. County were you? I haven't seen the one I hit last month.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did he look like this one. I found it on my family farm in KS. while I was bow hunting this year. I try not to even guess what the cause of death was, lots of possiblities.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:16 PM

He looked similiar to that one...but I don't think I spooked him bad enough to push him to Kansas!!

Quick Reply: Found a nice buck DEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.