Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 head for another deerless year >

head for another deerless year

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

head for another deerless year

Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default head for another deerless year

well this is my fourth year hunting i missed last year

and i have yet to get a kill i thought i would get it done this year. got on some nice private bow only land. came close and missed twice seen 10x more deer this year then any other.

but i will only be able to get out maybe once more this month. and maybe three times next month if i am lucky.but i expect this will be another deerless year. i am lucky in one area the guy who lets me hunt his land is going to try and get me at least one doe.so hopefully i will have some meat but one wont last me more then a few months

i would not call this year a failure more like a learning experience .

i seen two deer my second year and did not hunt last year. so the 45 to 60 deer i have seen this year all with in 100 yards made it a good year i got hunt the early season which was a first. i got a good look at how they act during the rut .
and i learnt even wearing sweat pants a pair of thin active wear pants and blue jeans do not take the place of good thermal hunting closes i froze my butt off a few time. wont do that next year

and i meet a new friend in the landowner.
well i hope alot of you get the job done. i hope i do i really thought this was my year. but with weighing 375 pounds and not falling out of my tree stand i feel lucky lol

stay safe guys
Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: head for another deerless year

oh and if i had been hunting with a gun i could have taged out weeks ago or even all four today

god this bow hunting is hard but i love it
Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm glad you're getting a learning experience.....but I have to question why you're going out if you have such a bleak outlook?

If I didn't think I was going to put myself in a good position on my next trip out......I'd stay in the bed.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

well after my first nov hunt i was thinking i would tag out but for some reason i can not get them to come out of the dang field and into the edge of the woods i o not think it is scent. I have had four deer walk across and or down my trail i use to get in three differnt times had a few down wind never got wind of me

but for some reason i guest they do not wont to come in the edge of the woods and ther are 8 trail within 20 yards of my stand i will be happy if i do not get one i thought about moving my stand but with it being o late in the year i thought i would do more harm then good

and if i do not go out there and try i learn nothing and killing nothing

last wensday i got up at four and said ah i will go tomorrow and my dog woke me up and i said welli amup so i went and got a shot on a big doe and missed
Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 PM

I TOTALLY understand your position. It's frustrating, the pressure builds, and it's tough NOT to become discouraged. I like your attitude though, you view it as a successful year, and you should! It sounds like you've had a great year and hey......It ain't over yet bud....hang in there.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't give up yet big time. Keep trying to do the right things and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck bud.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

well this is my fourth year hunting i missed last year

and i have yet to get a kill i thought i would get it done this year.

i would not call this year a failure more like a learning experience .

and i meet a new friend in the landowner.

stay safe guys
Hang in there kiddo! I like what you said in your post (i would not call this year a failure more like a learning experience) You hit the nail on the head with that one! When a guy quits learning in the woods its time to give it up! GMMAT, a day out in the woods is better then anytime spent in the house weather you feel good or not about seeing deer! You can look at it this way too, you made yourself a good buddy! You seem like a great guy,good things come to people like yourself!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i feel like i get kicked in the guts everytime i coem home did you get one yet why not didyou hear about the guys at the store that got two i told everyone not to ask or saying anyting about hunting unless i got one hanging out my truck lol
i am just glad i have not shot one and not found it or it did not die

Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 PM

Lot of pressure, isn't it? BELIEVE me I know!! A couple weeks into this season, the pressure was so great it was ALMOST difficult to actually have fun....The pressure was all self imposed, but man.....when that guy hit the turf........I actually started breathing again, and being in the woods is incredibly fun!!

It's hard, I know....but try not to get too down about it, and really try not to put any undue pressure on yourself. When you start trying TOO hard, you actually make it more difficult than it is.

Hang in there man....you can do it!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: head for another deer less year

[hr]
thanks guys i need a pick me up

when i get my first Deer i will dedicate it to all you guys on here to many to name that has helped

Quick Reply: head for another deerless year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.