Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More Pics and Story!!! >

More Pics and Story!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More Pics and Story!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default More Pics and Story!!!

Ok this story will be long, but it will be worth it.
Started on Friday when me and a buddy went over the day before season to hang stands and do some last minute scouting. I hung a stand in a spot where I had seen deer before, but when I hunted the next morning and nothing happened , I lost hope and decided I was going to move it quick. That night i hunted a different stand in our well known "thicket" (where a 195 and a 187 got killed by the same hunter) I only saw 4 does and was kind of upset. My buddy had told me he saw 8 bucks on the other end of the thicket, and I decided it would be a good idea to move to the finger that I always wanted to hunt. We put the stand up and right away I had more confidence in this stand then anything. It had tons of cover, and it was on the edge of a cornfield that was only 30 yards wide. I decided to get in my stand an hour earlier this time so I could get adjusted and clear limbs and stuff. I get up and sit for 2 hours with no movement, I keep looking at the time to see how long I would have to wait before some action may happen. It was half an hour til dark and i hear a snort. I look up and see a decent 8 point rack in the weeds (already I start to shake) then another rack pops up , its an 11 point (getting more nervous) and finally this monster pokes his head up. I am trimbling as I grab my bow and stand up. I had to keep looking away from the deer to stay calm. The wind was blowing right at the 8 points face and I knew I had to take the shot now, or he would wind me and blow it. I drew back and looked down to make sure I was going to clear the limb in front of me. I then put the pin right where I wanted it and squeezed the trigger. I saw that the arrow had hit him, but i couldn't tell exactlywherehe was hit, but I knew it felt right. I watched him run around the finger and heard a crash, and prayed that he had went down. I called up my buddy in pure excitement and told him I had just hit a huge buck, he got down and ran over to see what I was so excited about. I was still shaking at this point, and I remember picking up the arrow and feeling all the blood that was on it. We started looking after about 25 minutes and found him no longer then 50 yards from where I shot. It was a crazy night and overwhelming, but I am tickled to death! (this is not the best I can write, but its shorter anyway!)

Old 10-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More Pics and Story!!!

Great story! Congrats again on that buck of a lifetime!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck of a nice buck young man. Look's like a perfect shot to. Way to keep control of that buck fever. Good job!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM

Great story to go with your awesome deer.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 PM

awesome man. experience of a life time, well enjoyed.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck........congrats and smile next time!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice critter there. Them that size don't walk by everyday. Hope you don't have too long a wait to get another one to make that fatal mistake.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Excellente!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Site Bouncer

Every time I see that hammer it looks nicer and nicer.

Once again great buck and thanks for the story.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck and great story!

Quick Reply: More Pics and Story!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.