Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube.. >

Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..

Old 10-16-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..

The part at the top of the call that you push on to make a doe bleat, young buck, mature buck grunt etc... Do all of you just push the reed down in one location and blow or do you ever roll your finger to make a grunt changing tones, like going from deep to higher pitch all in the same blow? Just wondering how you actually use yours. I usually just push down in one location and blow but sometimes rolling the finger a bit sounds good too.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..

I usually just push down in one spot but, I might try it like you said rolling your finger back and fourth. So far I have had good luck with my true talker. How is your season going?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same for me, I generally push down in one spot, but I may too try rolling it over a bit.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I push in one spot, but sometimes if there aren't any deer that will bust me for movement I'll cup the end of the call with my other hand, then move my hand away, then cover it up again towards the end. It kind of varies the grunt... Thats a good way to bleat with the call too..... Anyone else do that?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep... same here. I vary the sound by cupping and uncupping my hand. Sort of makes a "bbbbbrrap" sound. There's two on the wall behind me that fell to that sound, and one came from about 100 yards away.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Never tried the finger roll. I just push in one spot. I turn the end of the tube to change direction and also cup and open. Best call out there. I have had mine for 5 years. I have called in several deer with it. I like to use the fawn and doe bleets during the early season.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Spike

Red face Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube

I got the True Talker 2 this year and have been learning to use it in the field. I've tried the rolling technique and also cuped my right hand over the tube end like you would playing a trumpet..both work. For the doe stuff, if you press down in the center until the reed is pressed or almost pressed against the wood you can get a higher pitched bleat and then by going slightly up and down from that spot you can get a lot of variance in the pitch. Lot's of other users have said don't blow too hard for your grunts and I agree with them, just a slight exhale not quite as hard as Field Marshal Montgomery did in the movie Patton is about right. Have lots of fun, practice makes for success during the season, plus you can have lots of fun with the kids with it.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

I use the western deer/ mule deer version. Push in one spot with cupping on the end.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have done all of the above and I too have been using it for probably about 5 years. I have called in both doe and bucks with it.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Old post but they still work great.

Called him in to me just over 20 yards with me sitting on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails  Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..-small010412084012.jpg  

Quick Reply: Guys that use the True Talker grunt tube..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.