Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 eastman outfitters broadheads >

eastman outfitters broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

eastman outfitters broadheads

Old 09-28-2005, 04:45 PM

Default eastman outfitters broadheads

I bought some recently from wal mart and seems to be the only thing my bow will group with. I got the 100 grain 3 blade titanium tip fixed blade. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: eastman outfitters broadheads

Tested them a while back. They are pretty much junk!! Nap and Rocky MTN. both make similar heads that hold up better and are sharper. The nitrons and Turbo's. Most anything broadhead from Eastoman has turned out to be substanderd to say the least.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only eastman head I've found to be worth putting on an arrow was the First cut 2 blade. And even they werent that great.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

If we are talking about the Gametrackers then I would pretty much agree with 5shot. I shot their Silvertips at one point and one of the heads literally disintegrated on a doe I shot a few years back. All that was left on the arrow with the screw in part of the ferrule.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Can you say,"made in China,?"
Old 09-29-2005, 07:39 AM

I have a friend who does this. He bought a brand new matthews this year, set it up with all the goodies> Then he takes his five arrows from last year and buys one three pack of broadheads, cheap ones from wally world. If you're gonna go and spend all that money on a high end bow and accessories, why stop there. Go ahead and get some NEW arrows, good ones, and buy some quality broadheads. No time to skimp out now. To each his own but I just don't get it
Old 09-29-2005, 07:57 AM

I totally agree turtleshell. Most people spend upwards of $1000 dollars on their bow setups, and then use the lowest grade arrows and broadheads. I for one spend the extra money and buy thebest arrows and broadheads, because when that once in a lifetime moment occurs, I want to know that I can trust my equipement.
Why go cheap when the cost of the best broadheads and the cheapest ones are only @ a $15 difference.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

If we are talking about the Gametrackers then I would pretty much agree with 5shot. I shot their Silvertips at one point and one of the heads literally disintegrated on a doe I shot a few years back. All that was left on the arrow with the screw in part of the ferrule.
I had a very simmilar experience with Silvertips about 8 years ago...JUNK

Old 09-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: duckchr

I totally agree turtleshell. Most people spend upwards of $1000 dollars on their bow setups, and then use the lowest grade arrows and broadheads. I for one spend the extra money and buy thebest arrows and broadheads, because when that once in a lifetime moment occurs, I want to know that I can trust my equipement.
Why go cheap when the cost of the best broadheads and the cheapest ones are only @ a $15 difference.
I do have to agree with this one. The broadhead does the work and the arrow delivers the worker. Both should be of the best that one can afford.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:19 PM

I got the 100 grain 3 blade titanium tip fixed blade. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these.
I got some from bass pro shop, they tuned up easy and grouped right with my field points, those heads stood up to my broadhead target and all are still intact, which is more than I can say for some of the others I have tried.

I have never shot at game with them , but I believe they would work out just fine, provided you can get them sharp again, after you shoot them into targets they are dull.

it's really all about arrow placement rather than what kind or manufacturer anyway....