Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fiber-optic sight help >

Fiber-optic sight help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fiber-optic sight help

Old 08-23-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Fiber-optic sight help

I've gone through about 10 sights since I started bowhunting and it's that time again. Right now I'm using a Trophy Ridge whichI have never been totally happy with, can't seem to get accustomed to that glow stick. The sight I'm looking at is the Truglo with the single tritium pin. Just looking for some other opinions, good or bad. My mind is not made up so if anyone would let me in on some experiences they've had with different sights it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fiber-optic sight help

Are you looking for a single or multi pin sight?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

Are you looking for a single or multi pin sight?

I'm looking for a single pin which is part of the reason for getting a new one. A buddy of mine has the Truglo tritium and loves it, I just hadden had the chance to look at it yet.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a single pin Tru-Glo, but don't have the tritium pin. I like the sight, and IMHO I don't need the tritium pin. My pin gathers enough light so that I don't need it. If you want the extra insurance I guess the tritium pin would be ok, they work.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:55 AM

I have had the Trophy Ridge 3 pin as well as the cobra 3-pin radiance sight. Both were O.K. although I never liked the Trophy Ridge. (the sight pins were plastic and I broke one on the way out of the woods one evening, had them replaced with metal pins). Anyway I now have the single pin Impact Archery Cosmic Ring adjustable sight . It is THE BRIGHTEST sight on the market in my opinion, even brighter than the sights I've seen with artificial lighting. You may want to take a look at it.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have the tritium tru glo pin on my bow,and it is great!Buy it,and don't look back.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

SKID, I have a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme and have been fairly happy with it. I never liked the glow sticks either and ended up buying the light for it for about $16. It is much brighter than the glow sticks and a lot more user friendly. It comes with a bracket and mounts on top.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up ordering the Tru Glow tritium. Should have it tomorrow and I'll post my thoughts soon after.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Spike

ishoot the cobra sidewinder and have yet to see pins that glow like these.just my thought.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Site Bouncer

Look into the Carolina ArcheryFoxfire single pin sight. I have the three pin model and I am very impressed with it. It is all metal and very very light and it's priced good, check it out.

Edit: oops, too late

Quick Reply: Fiber-optic sight help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.