Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree Stand Plans >

Tree Stand Plans

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Stand Plans

Old 08-22-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Tree Stand Plans

Anyone know where i can get some tree stand plans? Any place on the internet?

Thanks,
Zach
Old 08-22-2005, 08:50 PM

Default RE: Tree Stand Plans

bump
Old 08-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

Did you try e-bay? I bought some off of e-bay one time for like $5.00.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:09 AM

I was hopeing to find some free ones
Old 08-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I just get a idea of what I want and start building. I usually look in a Cabelas catalog or something like that.

Here are a couple that I've built.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Nice work Bird Hunt Dog, there's something to be said for doing it yourself.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you looking for plans for a metal stand or a wooden stand? Don't know of any for a metal stand, but when my dad and I build wood ones this is what we do.

Find two trees where you want a stand about 6-7 feet apart. Use 2 2x8 treated timber and nail them between the trees (one on either side) Then use treated 2x6 and lay planks for the flooring on top of the 2x8's. Cut the 2x6's so there is about 12-14 inches of over hang on either side of the beams. Floor the entire space between the trees and then go and buy a ladder from a garage sale, paint it, and put it up. For chairs we use those white plastiv deck chairs. We just paint them first. This has worked very well for us and it is fairly simple to put one up in a couple of hours. Just make sure you have permission to build perminant stands first.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:58 PM

Yes, i am looking to build a wooden one.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

ones we use are permanent wooden. 10-12' up, got prolly a 3ft long by 2ft wide deck with 2x4s for steps (built in ladder) and we use a 5 gallon bucket for a seat. Works very well and we've had them up for as long as i have been hunting. we just tie them to a tree so they are portable if need be.

a few years ago, we went to out hunting location during bow. I was hunting my fav. stand. get in there after a heavy snow and icing and i realize my stand is down, ropes broke so she fell durin the night. well i sat there anyway and 50 yards down streem from me, my buddy shot a 137" 9 point....lol has no relevance to the stands, other than he was hunting from one as well....I love them.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:24 PM

I also have a question related to this.I'm getting ready to build me some permanant stands on my landbut i'm looking for and idea for the latters.I want to build maybe 4-5but wood is so high I can't afford to build the latter and the platform.I think I have enough wood for a few platforms,anybody got any creative ideas for a ladder?The tree steps cost a little more than i'd like to spend.I thought about usingsome huge nails like i've seen on some light poles.Anybody ever tried to make some kind of latter with the tree.Like maybe cut notchesin a fairly good size tree with achainsawto use as a ladder with maybe some nails for your hands to pull you up with?Don't laugh,just throwing ideas.
Thanks,
JE

Quick Reply: Tree Stand Plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.