Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Bemans

Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bad Bemans

I won a dozen Beman ICS Hunter 400's last winter. I shot them this summer. What a pile of crap!!![:'(]I've had Beman's before and was happy with them until now. I broke two of them in half trying to get them out of a McKenzie 3D target by twisting them to breakthem loose. Well I broke them loose all right. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHAFT!.
I thought I forgotten how to shoot or tune a bow while shooting these things. I couldn't get them to group to save my life. After the last 3D of the year I finally decided to junk these things so I pulledout the ACC 360's. Well needless to say I'm shooting tighter groups at 50 yards with my ACC's than I could at 30 with those ICS Hunters. Maybe I got a bad batch!!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad Bemans

I had bought 1 doz. of Beman ICS (I'm 90% sure they were ICS), as soon as the wrapped carbon arrowsfirst came out - several years ago. They were garbage. I attributed it to the learning curve associated with perfecting the "wrapped carbon" technology.

Anyway, I broke 2 shooting target, 2 hunting and one snapped when I fired the bow - a narrow escape on an ugly injury. That was it. Back to Aluminum for a few years.

Three seasons ago, I went back to Carbon - GoldTip XT's, and have had no problems.

I will never buy or use another Beman product. Their customer service, however, is great - they tried to send me a brand new dozen of arrows - Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't complain about my Bemans. The ICS Hunters shoot really well out of my setup. This will be my 3rd season using them and I have no reason to change. I don't notice any difference in performance over the Gold Tips and Carbon Express arrows that I also have. They seem pretty durable to me. I have2 of them that passed through my old target and hit into a concrete wall with no noticable damage (except to the wall )or loss of performance. Been thinking about giving the new Max4 shafts a try.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:58 PM

I too shoot Gold Tip arrows and wont shoot anything else.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:55 PM

i love my beeman ics 400's. never let me down in the crunch time and always shoot great. although they quite making them i might change to radial weave. i've shot a few of them and they work just as well as beeman ics 400. you might of got a bad batch or may not of. all i know is those makenzies are sometimes hard to pull arrows out of. them and rinehart. how old is your target?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Our McKenzie's are pretty old. Were slowly replacing them with Rinehart targets. Our Rinehart's work awesome!!! I've shot allot of different Carbon arrows and have never twisted one in half! Maybe I'm just that tough
Old 08-30-2005, 03:22 PM

I have shot Beman ICS 400's for the past 3 years without a problem. I am surprised that yours broke because I have pulled mine out of all kinds of targets and backstops on target passthroughs.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I went from Carbon Express to Beman ICS 400's last year,and that was a terrible mistake.They were slow,and didn't pattern good at all(fliers).I couldn't ever get the inserts to stick,and when I shot they made a terrible vibrating noise.I cleaned the shaftswith a .22 brass cleaning tip,and used Bohning Fletchtite platinum,and fast set gel.Neither would bond the inserts to the shaft worth a toot.And those are real popular glues.Needless to say I'm back with Carbon Express Maxima's,and love them.Oh yeah,and I shot an armadillo with one of the left overs the other day,and he broke it.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

BirdDog... I saw in another thread that you shoot 65-70 pounds???? Well, I don't care what the charts say, but if you havethe wrongdraw length and head combination it could throw you all to heck. I had to go to 340s to shoot in that poundage with a 28(minus) inch draw and 125 heads. The 400s with broadheads just went to crap. With field points they were OK but when I went to the fixed blades with that little bit of extra length the arrows just wouldn't work. Bought some 340s and it's been all well for the past 4 or 5 years.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

So why do they break so easy? I've never twisted a carbon arrow in half before this!

Quick Reply: Bad Bemans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.