Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats Your Average 3D Score?? >

Whats Your Average 3D Score??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats Your Average 3D Score??

Old 06-28-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Whats Your Average 3D Score??

Just a quick question. What do you guys and girls average for a 30 target 3D shoot?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats Your Average 3D Score??

Well mine have been drastically improving over the last few months. I am now averaging in the mid 270's to low 280's with around 7-10 X's. Last shoot I went to that they were counting 12's on 30 targets, I would have finished with a 295 but had an arrow glance off an 8 on a puking turkey that was facing directly away and downhill.......ended up with a0 for that target and a 287 w/ 9 X's overall that bumped me down from first to 4th place.....[:'(]
Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 AM

How competitive are compititions, and how often are prize shoots? I have been bow hunting for about 8 years now and just recently started shooting 3D and am averaging 255-265 for my first couple of shoots. (Which are my only shoots.) I have a few kinks to iron out. (Mostly knowing where the 10 ring is on some targets.) I am really interested in competitions, but dont want to go out there and get my a$$ handed to me. Just some thoughts for some fun down the road. Thanks for the advise.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Simms2319

How competitive are compititions, and how often are prize shoots? I have been bow hunting for about 8 years now and just recently started shooting 3D and am averaging 255-265 for my first couple of shoots. (Which are my only shoots.) I have a few kinks to iron out. (Mostly knowing where the 10 ring is on some targets.) I am really interested in competitions, but dont want to go out there and get my a$$ handed to me. Just some thoughts for some fun down the road. Thanks for the advise.
My suggestion to improve is buy binoculars, and buy cards that show where the X is on the targets. Pick your yardage and stick to it, don't second guess yourself when at full draw. You will have your ass handed to you more often than now, I get mine handed to me a lot but you will learn by shooting amongst better shooters rather than shooters with less skill than you.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually shoot 280 - 290 not counting 12 rings. It all depends if I'm dead on that day or not.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:46 PM

It depends on where you are shooting in my opinion, every shoot around here is different, and some are easier then others and some are just plain tough. I usually average in the 280s but on some of the easier ones nearby, I might jump to 290 or so, or an a really tough shoot, it may fall into the 270s, depends on the day too, a bad day on a tough course is a real wake up call, but a good day on an easy course, makes you feel like a pro..lol. Our shoots dont count 12s as points, but count them as an X.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

403/480

48 targets 10ring
Old 06-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

On an average day on a 30 target course with IBO scoring (11,10,8,5) 302-306 would be my average. My high score is a 310 that I have hit twice.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

On a typical 30 target course counted as 10-8-5 with X's instead of 11s or 12s I typically shoot in the low 260s with an occasional 270 or so if I get lucky.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 AM

0, I don't keep score I use a range finder so I don't really thinks it 's fair to keep score. I kill most everything on the course though, which is my goal. I really only worry about the deer targets any ways. I look more for shot angle/placement and what path the arrow would have taken thru the animal then I do for actual score. Lots of times shooting for the best score is not always the shot angle I would pick on a live animal. I don't always shoot from the stakes either, I like to move around and make my shots a bit harder. If I do shoot from the stake it is the farthest one out since I don't have to estimate range.

I do it for the practice and fun, I am not very competitive. I don't keep score when I golf either.

Paul

Quick Reply: Whats Your Average 3D Score??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.