Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What am I doing Wrong? >

What am I doing Wrong?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What am I doing Wrong?

Old 01-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Spike

Default What am I doing Wrong?

When shooting my bow once and a while the string hits my arm.I must be doing something wrong but can't seem to catch what it is. Suggestions?
Old 01-03-2002, 12:59 PM

Default RE: What am I doing Wrong?

There are guys on this forum that know a lot more than I do, but it sounds like you may have a bow that's a little longer draw length than you need, and you are hyper-extending your arm. Also, when you are standing in shooting posistion, try bringing your rear-ward leg around a little more to your side instead of back so much behind your forward leg, it seems to help keep you from extending your bow arm so much. Dont know if I really described that very well. Sometimes too, as you start getting tired, you lose your form and hold the bow with a straighter grip, maybe shooting less at each given time will help. Hope some of this helps, good luck.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:22 PM

All of that sounds good to me. Usually it's a form problem. A short brace does not help either. The fact that it only happens sometimes leads me to beleive you are gripping your bow inconsistantly. As mentioned above, getting tired or to long of a draw will cause this.

Paul
Old 01-03-2002, 05:09 PM

elandy,
Another thing you can look for is to make sure your not squeezing the handle of the riser. When drawing let the bow rest in your hand. If you squeeze when you pull you are turning the bow and on release the bow will go straight and throw the string into your arm.

North America Outdoors
www.naoutdoors.com
Old 01-04-2002, 06:45 AM
Spike

Slo-bo tried the stance thing last nite, works like a charm. Biteme and naoutdoors Thanks for the grip tip , I do think it's part of the problem.
Thanks to all
Old 01-04-2002, 08:14 AM

Glad you found something that worked.