Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 01-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams

I've met Chuck a couple of times and each time was very impressed with him. He was very pleasant, even came out from behind the table where he was signing autographs to kneel and put an arm around my 2 boys for a photgraph. I enjoy reading his articles more than any other author because he makes it feel like you're there.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:11 PM

I have never met the guy, but from what I have heard, he is an amazing hunter. Sure, he MAY be lucky like some people say. Sure, he MAY have some of his trophies because he hunts on hunting ranches, BUT that doesn't mean it is easy. I have seen some books that have him in his earlier years and this guy knows what he is talking about. He has even admitted that he has gotten chocked up on deer, and he has made mistakes, WHICH MEANS THAT I RESPECT HIM, because most professional hunters won't admit they mad mistakes but Chuck just sounds like a normal average run of the mill guy. Thats my thoughts.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-02-2002, 12:19 PM

Im not a chuck adams Fan..maybe thats because I shoot traditional equipment.. Paul Schafer will always be my bowhunting hero!

Dianna
Old 01-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Anyone who says he's lucky is an IDIOT. You can be lucky once or twice and get a nice animal. You can be REAL lucky once or twice and get a REAL nice book animal. You can't be lucky 60 zillion times like Chucky has. He IS the MAN. Others try. Others buy some nice animals. No one that I know of has come close to his accomplishments and dedication and commitment to reach his goals. With the cost of things now and the close out of a lot of country to bow hunters I doubt they will. If they do it will be a very small group that stand alone.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:23 PM

Paul Brunner said it Best when he said this.

"There are many great bowhunters out there. There are some who are truly great and there are some that have been "made" great by the media. There is not really any way to rate greatness in bowhunting. Certainly, heads in the record book do not make bowhunters great...just known. My opinion? For what it's worth? I have had the good fortune to meet and know some of the best bowhunters of our times. I believe in my heart that Paul Schafer was the greatest bowhunter to ever walk the earth! There was nothing he couldn't do with the bow and no game he couldn't successfully hunt with it. I will miss him beyond measure. All of us who truly love bowhunting have lost something in Paul Schafer's passing."

You guys who think Chuck is so awesome should read some these tributes to Paul.. He was a simple man who raised his own money for his hunts, didnt have any sponsors to pay for his stuff.

http://www.schafersilvertipbows.com/...m?link=tribute
Old 01-02-2002, 02:13 PM

I only have one problem with Chuck Adams and this may be a problem more with the Pope and Young standards than anything. I read an article about him hunting in Texas which as we all know should have some of the biggest deer anywhere in the world. Chuck was shooting every deer he saw that would go P & Y. Now I know a P & Y deer is huge for some parts of the country but for places like Texas, Iowa, Illinois, Canada, or Montana I think the standard is different. A deer that scores 126 off a private ranch in Texas is not a deer I think I would shoot. To me he sounds somewhat like a guy who is just out to make record book and that is not how I think hunting should be portrayed by one of its most visible spokesmen. He is still a heck of a hunter.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

He couldn't have shot to many whitetails that made the book in Texas. If I remember right I think I only counted something like 5 or 6 whitetails that he had listed in the Fifth edition of P&Y.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

great posts Di...funny you mentioned Paul...did ya ever hear the story about the desert sheep tag? Talk to TS about that one!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 06:01 PM

I admire him immensely because he works so hard. My Dad and I spoke with him briefly at a show in Pittsburgh and he said he tries not to use a guide is it isn't required, likes to scout and research on his own, like alot of us.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 01-02-2002, 07:10 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Some people have trouble believing anybody can be a dedicated to a lifestyle as he is. Granted he has some sponsors now, but he worked his hind end off to get them. I don't know of anybody that hunts harder than he does.

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.