Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Old 05-02-2005, 08:01 AM

Default NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Hey Everyone!
I was hoping to find some opionions here about the NAP QT 360 Rest. I have a Fred Bear SQ32 on the way and was thinking of putting a QT360 on it but wanted to see if anyone out there has used one yet?
Any feed back, good or bad, would be welcomed!

Thanks,
Bearshooter!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:39 AM

Default RE: NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Bearshooter,
Very strange. I just logged on here to ask this same exact question. After looking through all of the rests in one of my catalogs, and at the local archery shop, I liked this one the best. Although I haven't had a chance to try one yet. The bow-pro at the shop also highly recommended it.

I hope that some folks get on here and give us both an answer!

Kev
Old 05-04-2005, 06:43 AM

Here is the link to the factory description of the NAP 360 rest.

http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/qt360.asp

Kev
Old 05-05-2005, 02:14 PM

Mainehunt (Kev),

Thanks for the post and info! I hope too, to get some input from other hunters/shooters. I have looked at the discription on the web and it looks like a good rest. I like the idea of complete arrow containment that is not a drop away rest.
I'm also glad to hear the pro at your local shop recommended it. That says something too. While I have some play in what I do with my new bow, I still would like it to be set up with good equipment. If it should not work out with the 360, I at least have 2 other bows set up and ready to fall back on.l
Hope to hear from some other on here too. Again, thanks for the response!
John
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 AM

John,
I'm going to try to get to the archery shop here to try this rest. They told me I could try one on their indoor range.

My only concern is how my vanes will shoot through it. My vanes aren't straight, but not a strong helical either. I just hope that I can get a good clearance on the fletching.

Kev
Old 05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a QuikTune 360* on my new Allegiance right now, but I'm not so sure I'm gonna be sticking with it for much longer. I love the fact that it's a complete capture rest and I can drop an arrow in there and forget about it, but I'm constantly fighting with fletching clearance problems. I've only got a couple hundred shots through my bow and already there is a hole worn in the teflon on one of the launcher arms because of fletching cleanance. I'm shooting 4" QuikSpins with a very slight right offset - and I mean slight. Furthermore, the actual launcher itself is showing some significant signs of wear, which means it's effecting the position of my arrow relative to the bow (i.e. moving my nock point up). It's not much, maybe 1/16", but it's something.

I originally made the jump because I was unsure how the QuikSpins would shoot through a WB, which is what I shot last year and loved. With the current problems I've having I'm going to possibly try out the smaller vanes and see if that will help eliminate some of my clearance problems. If that works then I might stick with this rest. If not, I think I'm going to give the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or Muzzy Zero Effect a try. I haven't shot with a dropaway yet.