Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Scott Archery Customer Service >

Scott Archery Customer Service

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scott Archery Customer Service

Old 09-13-2002, 01:11 PM

Default Scott Archery Customer Service

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I have a Scott Mongoose that has served me well for three seasons. It replaced a Scott caliper that I purchased in 1987 or 88. The Caliper did not like my new string loop. I think it was somewhat worn. (and after only 12 years)
I did something really stupid, and broke the trigger on the Mongoose. I emailed Scott Archery and asked about parts. Erin said to ship it to them with my contact information. I asked if I should send a check and for how much. She said they would contact me. 4 days passed, with me being out of town the last two. I was going to write them upon my return inquiring about my release, as our bow opener is October 1. When I got home from my trip, my wife told me I had a package, and she wanted to know what I ordered. I told her I had just sent my release in for repair. Inside the package, I found my Mongoose with a new trigger and sear and a repair tag. No invoice, no paperwork. Just a repaired release.
In today's world, I found this to be customer service above and beyond the call of duty. I had let the folks at Scott know this was my fault, and I fully expected to pay for the repair. Not only did they not charge me for parts or labor, they did not charge me for return shipping.
If you shoot a Scott release, you have made a solid choice. If not, you might check them out next time you are in the market for one. I have always been pleased with their products. I am now quite pleased with the way they take care of their customers. Certainly top shelf in my book.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scott Archery Customer Service

It's good to here. And I will keep Scott in mind next time I need a release. It refreshing to hear on an instance of using customer service when the repair was made on a broken part that the customer caused. Most of the time you hear of customer service taking care of a design defect or material defect that was the companies responsibility in the first place. But it looks like Scott really went beyond their responsility to you as a customer in this case and I think that's great!