Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Best Bowhunting Magazine >

Best Bowhunting Magazine

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Bowhunting Magazine

Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Best Bowhunting Magazine

Was wondering what the best bowhunting magazine is.......and as i've learned quickly of this forum i must be a little more specific.........im thinking in terms of quality knowledge, entertaining, high budget so there are lots of good adds to look at......adds can be annoying but we get to see all the new products.......anyways what do you guys think?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Best Bowhunting Magazine

Just my opinion...

I like Peterson's Bowhunting. I have also read Bowhunter and thought it was good as well.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but if it is something that details whitetails, North American Whitetail is great! Although it is not "bowhunter" specific, it has some great reading and insight on many aspects of whitetail hunter, management, scouting, etc...

Hope it helps!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a fan of Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine. While not an archery only magazine the articles are very good and they have a new hunting gear preview issue that comes out in the spring that looks at new hunting gear for all hunting.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to agree Peterson's Bowhunting is the mag of my choice .

nubo
Old 03-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

i read petersons bowhunting
Old 03-19-2005, 06:47 PM

I would have to say petersons too. Great two year subscription price...
Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is Bowhunting World. Its a more technical, equipment oriented magazine. I never really cared for the Petersons, Bowhunter or any of them too much. Seems to me the "techniques" they talk about in there work on fenced animals better than where most of us hunt anyway.

Though not a Bowhunting magazine, my favorite hunting magazine is North American Whitetail. I like reading about the record class bucks taken and how it was done. Seems a lot of the articles take a more in depth look at things than some of the others.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:21 PM

i like bowhunter and the ole faithful outdoor life for the general hunting stuff. i think the "maggies meanderings" article in bowhunter is funny as heck. just my opinion.i also like petersons but prefer bowhunter
Old 03-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My gripe about the bowhunting mags I have read so far is that everything is always great! Hard to tell if one item is better than an other. I would like to see real world side by side comparisons of competing items like bows or broadheads. Take for example a Bwtech Patriot, a Hoyt Vtech, and a Mathews switchback and set them identically with the same accessories and arrows and then do a real comparison including a chrono and target session. The car magazines do it all the time. Should be quite easy to do but the problem is someone will come in last and the mags are afraid of losing advertising dollars. What the hell I still buy the magazines also.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

The BEST bow hunting magazine is normally called a "quiver". Those slick paper things full of adds trying to sell you stuff aren't worth a darn for hunting. No kinetic energy, knock down power, and any shot over two feet with one couldn't be ethical.

Quick Reply: Best Bowhunting Magazine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.