Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
CamWoolflauge by Woolrich >

CamWoolflauge by Woolrich

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

CamWoolflauge by Woolrich

Old 09-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default CamWoolflauge by Woolrich

Anybody that likes hunting with wool should check this stuff out. Used the jacket this Spring and highly adaptable. I was hunting turkeys in 30 degrees and was still comfortable at 10 am when temps hit the high 60s. New material, the technowool, combined with their Hydromax 2100 (stuff is washable, waterproof---yep, not repellant or resistant but waterproof, and breathable) makes this a joy to wear.

Just bought the pants at Cabelas. Retail at Woolrich for 175, Cabelas offers for 90---thought I'd pass along the news.

Woolrich also makes an 80/20 wool/nylon blend, pants and jackets, that is supposedly a little stronger, but is only water-resistant.

Reports I have read, and from my limited usage, indicates little wear, no fading and excellent comfort.

S&R

Old 09-12-2002, 07:59 PM

Default RE: CamWoolflauge by Woolrich

Sounds like some good stuff. Did you get everything from Cabela's?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CamWoolflauge by Woolrich

Actually I picked up the jacket last winter after the season was over, at Dick's Sporting Goods, for ~$35---yeah, I basically stole it off the shelf.

The only place I could find the pants in CT was near NYC, so I opted to buy over the internet. The only sites I found on the internet that carried the waterproof versions were Cabela's and the parent company, Woolrich. Cabela's was almost half-price.