Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt or mathews

Old 02-18-2005, 08:32 PM

Default hoyt or mathews

i was wondering if hoyt bows were comparable to mathews or vise versa. i am interested in buying one or the other i know mathews is a good bow have shot a few of them but have not shot a hoyt. i can get a hoyt cheaper than a mathews but that really dont matter. mainly goint to use the bow for hunting, 3d shoots 3 or 4 times a year, and shooting in the bow club for fun. any input would be appreciated
Old 02-18-2005, 09:03 PM

Default RE: hoyt or mathews

I shot the Hoyt Vtec, Mathews Switchback and Bowtech Allegiance. Hoyt and Mathews are good bows but you can see below what I bought.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

timgrant- I own a Switchback and love it. Before I bought the SB I shot both it and a hoyt vtech and xtech. IMHO there is no comparison that is why I went with the Switchback. The SB was just so much smoother. However Mathews builds good quality bows so does Hoyt. So I would recomend shooting both before you make your purchase. For me the Mathews SB won hands down. It fit me perfectly and shot better and smoother than any other bow. However it is different for everyone. When you spend the kind of money on a bow you are getting ready to spend you need to make sure you choose the right bow. Good luck in your bow shopping! Have fun with it both Mathews and Hoyt are good quality so just pick the one that feels right to you!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't it great that there are so many good bows out there. Just buy both and the bowtech as well. They hold their value well and the only problem you'll have (if you can call it that) is which one are you going to shoot today.

You ain't nothing unless you own all three.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:51 AM

i like hoyt better
Old 02-19-2005, 09:04 AM

i also like the hoyt's better. just feels better to me. however what we shoot shouldn't decide what you shoot. go out and try both and pick which you like more
Old 02-19-2005, 09:46 AM

all 3 of those bows are excellent choices,what makes one better than the other is the person shooting!
Old 02-19-2005, 10:25 AM

I shot both and got the Hoyt vipertec just felt better to me.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like you atleast have it down to the 2 best choices out there. They both offer excellent machines. I shot Mathews for several years and then have been shooting Hoyt models for the past couple seasons. However, this year I "switched back". The new Switchback is an awesome bow that I seem to truly shoot even more accurately than I did my Hoyts. The only thing I don't like on the new Mathews is the grip... it doesn't even compare to the comfortable feel of my XTEC. Shoot them both, side by side, if you can and then the choice will be easier for ya. Either way, you gonna get an awesome bow! Good luck and good shootin
Old 02-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I own a Mathews LX and love it. I can't comment on the Hoyt but I'm sure it's a very good bow. What I have noticed is there a lot of these forums comparing bow manufacturers and in everyone I'm seeing it's comparing a different bow to a Mathews...... Looks like to me it might just be the bow the others are trying to meet.

Quick Reply: hoyt or mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.