Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New rest?

Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New rest?

I have been shooting my WB and I love it. It is a great rest. However, I want to shoot my arrows with the quick spin vanes. Without tearing things up. But I like the enclosed arrow design... So I think I have a new rest narrowed down to two choices.
#1- Ripcord
#2-QAD Ultra-rest..
Do any of you guys shoot these rests? And are you happy with them. You input is always appreciated!!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New rest?

I find it hard to believe no one shoots one of these rests...
Maybe there is something here I don't know about. Any input on a quality drop away rest. With a enclosed arrow design??
Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

You gotta remember that there are a bunch of people out hunting already that are usually here answering questions. During this time of year it can get pretty slow around here. Just be patient and you will get information.

I shoot the ultra. After a few years with the NAP QT2000 with absolutely no problems at all I wanted to try a full containment fall away rest and I chose the QAD ultra in camo.

I put it on my alleginace and initially got some minor fletching contact. All that was needed to be done was to increase the spring tension a little bit so the arms fell faster. After this little tweak it has performed flawlessly.

It can be shot just like a conventional drop away with out cocking it every time during practice sessions but cocks in the up position for hunting purposes.

So far I have shot it about 300 times and it hasn't failed to fall away yet.

My only complaint is that the horrizontal (containment) bar is plastic rather than aluminum or steel.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went from a WB to the APA Twister Safari SL which is a full containment drop away. I love it, you might want to have a look at it before buying.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen lots of problems with the WB while working through Gander. I use the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and it's the best rest I've ever shot.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Trophy ridge.
Was using the biscuit with good results until bristle wear.
Muchtighter groups since switching to the dropaway.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:00 PM

i use the quicktune rest by new archery..its a great rest..
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I also like the way some of the drop away rests seem to work.. However, I love the containment system. I think I am going to give the Ripcord a try...
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I switched from the trophy taker to the Vital Bow Gear Ultimate 2005. I liked the TT but the arrow can fall off while holding the bow. I do not like to keep my finger on teh arrow for more than 200 hours each season. The Ultimate holds the arrow tight with two arms and they let go at full draw. In addition, it is a fall away rest and I have been shooting solid with it ever since. Not a good rest for Popup 3d though.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:26 PM

I just switched from th WB to the quad ultra
Love it

Quick Reply: New rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.