Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 what is the Tree Lounge stand like? >

what is the Tree Lounge stand like?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what is the Tree Lounge stand like?

Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 AM

Default RE: what is the Tree Lounge stand like?

Ive always thought about getting one because they do look damn comfortable but with the way its kind of layed back, how hard is it to transition from the sitting/reclining position to the standing position. We all know how deer can sneak up on ya outta no where and with that stand, looks like it would take quite a bit of movement to stand up. I could be wrong but what have y'all experienced.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

its not for everyone but i have 2 of them. for archery as with any stand and hunting from heights you will need to practice. if your hunting extended periods or have the luxury to set it up before the hunt it is the way to go. if your looking to go quick and dirty like catching that last hour or 2 after work just put a ladder stand up if you can leave it out. the archery platform on the tree lounge is kinda springy but me being 270-ish ive never felt un-easy or not safe in the tree lounge. i find the transition from sitting to standing fairly easy but there are ways you can sit on the edge of the seat and shoot if you practice. it does stick out from the tree but as with any portable or ladder treestand your gonna wanna put it in a tree with cover in it or around it. i always like to climb a tree with another tree right next to it. i guess it makes me feel safer and so i can grab onto something. if you hunt thick stuff and are 20 to 25 feet up i dont think the deer will care how far out you stick because they wont see you so good anyway. at least if you do fall asleap in it you wont fall out of it. that option alone sold me on the design but im sure there are other great ones too.it will take some practice and for me a season to learn how to quickly set it up and to learn every do and dont as far as carrying it. mine is dead silent climbing as well as carrying but i have about 10 seasons with it. im getting to the point that i always hook up the optional wheels because it makes a nice carry cart for deer and for my gun or bow as well as my getting heavier every season back pack and extra cloths. if hunting is a passion and a long term plan i would strongly suggest the tree lounge but its not for everyone. if youve ever sat out for 10 plus hours hunting you will love it. if your a 2 hour in thre morning and 2 hour at evening hunter im sure you have other options. they also get a good price on ebay so after a season you could always sell it for close to what you paid if that tells you anything.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 AM

Awesome Stand!! I have had mine for 3 years, If im staying all day i will always take my tree lounge this thing is so stable it aint funny. I have hunted out of those hard ass green power line poles, and never worry about it slipping. Now the downside is, its hard to shoot out of while sitting down, rifle hunting its awesome for shooting, but bow hunting (which i mainly do now) it can be a bit of a pain. But as cheap as lockons are, u can have a few of those for your quick hunts, and keep your tree lounge for your hard core hunts.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The stand is awesome, really awesome. They are a little heavy to pack in, and slightly cumbersome, but overall not bad at all. The only thing is they really aren't fun to pack in every day. Overall if you can leave it in the woods, that's a good choice. It's a really comfortable stand and you will absolutely love it.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:59 PM

i watched a video on the tree lounge..man that thing can sure take a lot of weight and get up high in a tree..but i dont like the fact that it sticks out so far from the tree..i personally like my hang on stands or ladder stands..
Old 10-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mike838

Just out of curiosity.What is the tree lounge tree stand like (as of in ease of settup,quitness and stability) compared too API or Summits climbing stands
Like shooting off the end of a diving board.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Spike

They seem like they would be comfortable, but a real hassle if a deer comes in from behind you. How easy is it to position yourself for different shooting positions?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heavy
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 AM

the stand is comfortable, but like others, i don't like how far you stick out from the tree. My brother has one, and i've used it a few times. VERY stable stand, even when standing 3 feet out from the trunk. Another drawback (for me anyways) is if your sitting all the way back, or "lounging", you better not be caught off guard by a deer, because it requires some movement to get into shooting position. Also, I wouldn't wanna pack it a couple miles back, and have to bring the stand and a deer back with me.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I only tried one of the earlier models but found it extremely comfortable. The downsides were that it was a bit heavy and you had to stand a good distance away from the tree if you used that bowhunter platform.