Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Ok, how about ASAT camo? >

Ok, how about ASAT camo?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ok, how about ASAT camo?

Old 08-30-2002, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ok, how about ASAT camo?

This came up in the natural gear thread. Anyone using this brand of camo? The 3-d suit? If so, any problems while bowhunting? I'd love to hear about your take on it. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2002, 04:37 AM

Default RE: Ok, how about ASAT camo?

Been using some fleece ASAT for 3 yrs, really like it. Generally think camo is overrated, at least for deer hunting, but I think this stuff works much better at breaking your outline than most. At first glance, that tan background looks like it would never blend with October woods, but you have to see somebody wearing the stuff in the woods to get the real picture. The tan sort of takes on the tint of whatever is around it, & the black stripes mess with your depth perception. Looks like the stripes are closer than the background color, for lack of a better description.

Old 09-01-2002, 03:20 PM

I really like the look of the ASAT & have been wanting to try it out. To me I see no reason why it shouldn't very well on big game.

Old 09-01-2002, 04:14 PM

Can someone give me ASAT's website address?
Thanks.
Bryan
Old 09-01-2002, 05:22 PM

I use the light cotton asat for early bow season. It is cool and light and have no trouble with the deer seeing it. Have been using it for a few years.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Spike

Here is the address for the website.

www.lenartz.com

Old 09-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rangeball, I've been wearing ASAT for many many years. In fact, I had the ASAT team, Tim Lenartz and Chuck Pensyl, hunting with me this past spring turkey season I showed them some fatigues and a hat so old they gasped at them. Then low and behold ASAT was hard to find and I went to Preditor Fall Brown which was the next best camo on the market. Anyway, the new 3D by ASAT is simply put, incredible. You'll truly be invisible to game and humans alike for the first time ever. I've put it on and sat in the woods out back my log home for guests and had them try to pick me out, in green woods, fall etc..and they have a hard time and this is when they knew I'm there.

Some memorable hunts I had while wearing ASAT was when a flock of turkeys came through the woods while I was heading to my stand. I stood frozen on a logging/tram road as the flock split around me. I had birds at 3 ft. until I moved my head and the forest errupted in feathers...lol I couldn't believe.

If you remember the picture I once posted of my elk hunt. I wore ASAT then and I had my elk at 33 yards, I was on one knee in the open and the bull looked past me towards my guide which allowed me to draw, and connect with my first bull elk. Simply put, he never saw me.

Go to www.lenartz.com and research it. You'll be amazed at what you might learn.

This is the camo that desert storm military men picked as their best ally against human visuals, against infra red and our snipers picked out to get in tight for their shots. When these soldiers lives where on the line, they relyed on ASAT to keep them invisible.

Most people scoff at it because of the lack of green. Look at it this way, if green was so great for camo, why did God make preditor/prey animals brown, black and tan. Think about it, what color is a deer? They hide incredibly in the open don't they? What color is a lion, coyote, female birds, etc.....that's right black, brown and tan. Check it out.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>

Edited by - Rob/PA Bowyer on 09/02/2002 22:15:35
Old 09-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob

What happened to Chuck he used to come to the board I tried to email him last night but the mail was returned.

Even the email I sent on their web site was returned.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ausie-guy, Chuck still hangin tough. I just talked to him the other night on the phone and have exchanged emails. Try [email protected]

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Rob

Quick Reply: Ok, how about ASAT camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.