Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Alpine Soft Loc quiver Review >

Alpine Soft Loc quiver Review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpine Soft Loc quiver Review

Old 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alpine Soft Loc quiver Review

I have had the soft loc for about a week now, and I figured I would give a review of what I think of it. A lot of people recommended this quiver and I was not dispointed one bit.

Quality is something you can tell as soon as you pick it up. Very solid built quiver, but its not too heavy. The hood is rugged plastic, and the two bars are aluminum with a rubberized coating. The two rubber arrow grippers hold the arrows very securely and you wont have to worry about one coming loose with this quiver.

Mounting is easy as there are a lot of options of how you want to mount it. They put holes on the top and bottom so, if you shoot with the quiver, you can mount it at an angle to kind of customize how the bow balances front to back with it. The big rubber gripper that mounts on the bow is tough, and holds the quiver very solidly, and is a quick, easy and quiet to take on and off.

The only complaint I have with it, is that I had to use the small spacers to mount it to my Cybertec. The cable guard rod get in the way, and you have to mount it out further from the risor. I would like to see a solid spacer, rather that two small plastic washers. I think it would make it a bit quieter, and a more solid mount.

Also, the fletchings touch. This is not a problem for me, as I take it off when on stand, but for those who shoot with their quiver on, it may make noise.

All in all, I am very pleased with this quiver. Simple, and quiet. I really like this quiver and would recommend it to anyone. Great product from Alpine.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Alpine Soft Loc quiver Review

Your review would be really similar to mine except I didn't have to use the spacers on my Alpine Sidewinder. Also my Soft Loc doesn't have aluminum rails, I believe they are a carbon composite, it looks like some carbon fiber type things I've seen. Not sure if thats a new design or not, mine was straight from the factory as they're made in my town.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
Old 08-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it is correct that the newer version has carbon rods.. The quality is quite apparent and they even come in various camo patterns to match your bow. As for the fletches rubbing? This is true but can be remedied by staggering your arrows a little lengthwise. Also when in a tree I figure the outside arrow to be numero uno on the bow so that removes the fletch cramping. I bought the three arrow model as I figure if I need more than three shots then I need to take a walk for more arrows and be kiccking myself in the a$$ the whole way to my truck

Old 08-28-2002, 02:07 AM

Mine has the carbon rails. No spacer needed to Alpine Stealth Force. rotate your feathers 180 degrees between arrows for clearance, or shoot a lower profile feather/vane
I shoot Kurly Vanes (TES, for hunting) and they have GOBBS of clearance.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know, maybe they are carbon of some sort. I thought I remembered they said they were aluminum. I assumed thats what they were, with a rubberized coating. I have the 5 arrow job, and shoot 4" fletching. They all touch, but like I said, It comes off in the tree anyway, so not a big deal for me.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:19 AM

I think you're right on some of them having aluminum rails Muzzyman. It seems like all of them that I see in ads have rails that look different than mine. Some sort of conspiracy, eh? Maybe I'll talk to some Alpine guys. One thing I thought of with using a 5 arrow model to overcome fletching noise is to carrow 4 arrows. One in every other gripper, and then a fourth arrow in one of the other grippers. Shoot the 4th arrow then the three remaining arrows should have one empty gripper between them and no fletch contact.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?