Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
5 shot, need help selecting a broadhead >

5 shot, need help selecting a broadhead

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

5 shot, need help selecting a broadhead

Old 08-17-2002, 10:23 PM

Default 5 shot, need help selecting a broadhead

5 shot i need help selecting a broadhead. I am shooting a High Country Micro Quad, set at 40 lbs pull.I will be shooting whitetail deer at 10-20 yards. I was leaning to Magnus because of your reviews and you can't beat the prices on them. I would appreciate any kind of help.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5 shot, need help selecting a broadhead

Well considering your draw weight, and bow style I think the Magnus Stinger would be an outstanding choice. They fly great, are durable, sharp out of the package, and penetrate very well. I belive the magnus stinger is the perfect broadhead for those with lower draw weights or someone wanting the maximum amout of penetration. I will be using them myself this year as I belive they are the best new broadhead of the year, and I want to see how they do on game first hand. Other goo magnus choices are the screw in 100 grn head. It is larger than the stinger, and you will have to sharpen them yourself, but I know they will also work very well for you. Make sure you tune your bow properly and put the arrow in the chest and either of these heads will do the job.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS