Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
The pit and the pendulem? Whats ones the best? >

The pit and the pendulem? Whats ones the best?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The pit and the pendulem? Whats ones the best?

Old 08-12-2002, 05:39 PM

Default The pit and the pendulem? Whats ones the best?

Im hunting for a Pendulem site. I was shopping around and realized there are many differant brands. But which are the best for my money?
Old 08-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default RE: The pit and the pendulem? Whats ones the best?

I've been using a Keller site for years without a problem. It is a little noisy, but it's never caused any problems with my 20-or less yard shots at deer. Actually the newer Keller sites come with a bushing that is between the site holder and the bow.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:25 PM

I bought a Predator IV this summer and have been putting it through all kinds of tests, I really like it. It shoots about 2-3" high from straight down out to about 10 yards, then right on from 10 to about 28 yards. At thirty its maybe 1-2 inches low. I'm going to adjust the arrow speed adjustment and see if I can't get a few more yards out of it. My bow shoots 250 fps. Also I would recommend the "Perfect Circle" peep that Preadator sells. It really works well in conjunction with the sight and has tightened my groups. Lastly, IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY NOISE.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:26 PM

I bought a Predator IV this summer and have been putting it through all kinds of tests, I really like it. It shoots about 2-3" high from straight down out to about 10 yards, then right on from 10 to about 28 yards. At thirty its maybe 1-2 inches low. I'm going to adjust the arrow speed adjustment and see if I can't get a few more yards out of it. My bow shoots 250 fps. Also I would recommend the "Perfect Circle" peep that Preadator sells. It really works well in conjunction with the sight and has tightened my groups. Lastly, IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY NOISE.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:23 PM

What ever one you descide on do not get a Toxonics sniper It sounds Ideal in there adds but it is a horrible sight loud and the pendulum does'nt swing worth beans I was giving it one more chance tonight tryng to sight it in maybe my bow is to slow for a pendulum. It hit 6in. low at 23yds and 5in. high at 7yds I can do way better with a standard fixed pin sight.Good Luck with whatever kind you get.
See more on the toxonics on this forum .
Old 08-13-2002, 08:40 AM

Preditor IV great treestand sight bright, quiet, accurate. I don't know why more people who are looking for pendulem sights don't look at this sight. For around $50 you can't go wrong!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I too am looking for a new pundulem. Last year on this site someone mentioned the ABC pivitol sight. However, I have not found anyone that has used it or heard of it. The complete set up is like 90 bucks and is only avaliable on-line. At least as far as I can tell. I would love to find someone that knows about it. Perhaps I will have to be the one to bite the bullet and try it out and share the results with everyone. If you would like to look at it, I posted the web sight in a previous posting titled ABC pivitol. It was endorced by two well known archers. Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up with and how it works.

Happy hunting,
loanstarhunter