Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrows can be confusing

Old 08-11-2002, 01:56 PM

Default Arrows can be confusing

Someone please help me !!! I have been shooting Gold Tip Graphite arrows, I was just wondering about the Easton graphites. I am asking for personal opinions. If I ask this question at a sporting goods, of course whatever they sell is best. The only reason I am thinking about the Eastons is because they are sold in my hometown, and the Gold Tips are not. By the way, I am new to hunting.net and I think it is a great website with some knowledgable people keep up the good work.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:02 AM

Default RE: Arrows can be confusing

I use Eastons, and I reccomend them. If you want a low priced shaft, use Excels or Epics. If you want a light weight shaft, use Redlines. If you want a camo hunting arrow, use Evolutions. If you want an extremely durable arrow, use A/C/Cs. There you go.

X-Ring

Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

hotload, I agree with X-Ring. I've been shooting the Redlines for about 6 months now. They are a very good arrow. The weights and spine always match closely. I shoot the 460s at 320 or 340 gr for 3D and 410s at 375 gr for hunting. That is out of 60# bows. I've also had good luck with SME Epsilons and PSE Extremes. The SME arrows are a little heavier, the PSEs lighter. All good arrows.

Phil.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:36 PM

Thanks guys, I bought a new bow this year, Hoyt Cybertec, and I never have hunted with anything but aluminum shafts. I believe I will try the Excels.
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING !!!!!!!