Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Message for Maccjo - Preditor IV >

Message for Maccjo - Preditor IV

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Message for Maccjo - Preditor IV

Old 07-24-2002, 08:38 PM

Default Message for Maccjo - Preditor IV

Maccjo, I'm glad to hear the Predator IV works well for you. I just bought one and so far I really like it. However the first time I sighted it in is set the arrow speed adjustment in the middle of the slot. My bow shoots 250fps. With this set-up, I was shooting about 3"-4" low at 30 yards. Then I set it almost to the bottom of the speed slot and it put me just about right on at 30 yards, maybe 1" low. I was wondering where your set-up is and would appreciate any comments or tips on the Predator IV. Also did you notice any difference when you shot from a higher height than where you sighted in? I also had to add a screw & tubing to stop the pendulum from swinging too far for 5 yard shots, but it works great. Also have you tried to add a fixed pin or two for ground shooting practice? I really like the large glow ring and bought the special peep to go with it -- it really improved my groups. Thanks
Old 07-25-2002, 01:28 PM

Default RE: Message for Maccjo - Preditor IV

I also started in the middle of the speed adjustment slot and had to move it down but its not bottomed out. I am shooting about 260fps and am good to 35 yards and once I adjusted the sight pin had no problems with shots less than 10 yards. There might be a little more set up work involved with this sight but it is worth it because of its accuracy, brightness and how quiet it is. I also noticed how lineing up my pee with the round glow gard has helped my shooting form, I get tighter left-right groups because I do not torque my bow as much. I have no problems shooting from 15 to 25 foot hights(sight in from about 20 feet). I want to strech the shooting distance out to 40 or 45 yards in the next few weeks just to see if the sight can handle it (0-45), I do not think so because my bow is not that fast. I will let you know.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking for your updates. I'm going to continue to experiment with the sight and will keep you updated as well. You are right, it is really a QUIET sight.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking for your updates. I'm going to continue to experiment with the sight and will keep you updated as well. You are right, it is really a QUIET sight.